Silicone hoses

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
What suppliers would you guys use again? I know Forge and Samco seem to be the biggest names around; and smaller companies like THS and Autobahn88 that are producing products in this area.

Forge offer a lifetime warranty on all their products, which seems very like good customer service and Samco offer 12months. I don't believe THS offer a warranty (beyond the statutory "sale of goods" act, of course), but how important is that really?

Any other companies to seriously consider? Would you go purely on price or stick with a big name? Cheers.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
I've bought plenty of stuff from Forge in the past and their customer service is absolutely spot on however, I went with THS hoses simply because they are so much cheaper when you are replacing several.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I bought the THS hoses and when you look at the Forge stuff it has a much smaller diameter, the THS is the same size from the outlet and remains so until the other end where as the Forge shrinks after the outlet then returns to the bigger diameter the other end so the capacity will be more on the THS, also the quality on the THS is just as good as the Forge and in all my dealings with THS the customer support has been as good.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Ordering a silicone TIP (with SCN discounts for Forge and THS) prices including vat and delivery are approx:

THS: £76
Samco: £113
SFS: £114
Forge: £125
APR: £177

Looking at that you'd have to say THS offer good value for money all things being equal.

2footpegs

Jan 17, 2009
ive got all THS hoses and ther great, when i was at gti internatinal a few weeks back i had a look at the forge hoses and they seemed ALOT softer that the THS ones, well thats wot i found anyway

mike2926

vroom vroom
Mar 18, 2009
Just outside Colchester
i ask the question on here a couple of days back and a lot of members have used them and say that they are great, might be worth a search as he put a link in there to another american forum where they also say they are great.

its up to you but i saved a load of cash for the same product...just a different logo

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
i have the turbo intake pipe, the main elbow from turbo to charge pipe, and a dv relocation i made up myself (60-60-25mm tee, 25mm flexy etc)

all red sfs

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Been taking a look around and overall I think Samco and SFS have a good well priced range covering all the necessary boost hoses. Forge seem good but are a little more expensive (and their turbo hose in only available in red). But just replacing the TIP, I think THS sound like a good choice (although they always seem low on stock for some reason).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise