ITG CAI Review (For Leon Cupra Mk2) **NOW WITH VIDEO FOOTAGE**

Ok here are the vids.

For comparisons sake firstly a vid with the engine cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3L7Ras96ms

Then a vid with the ITG intake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkUGSmVCNdY

And another video with the ITG but bonnet down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxl1CqCQDGU

Enjoy. ;)

BTW how much did you guys oil the filter?

Must say I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and them videos are great! I've got a big grin on my face just listening to them - you must be doing a cheshire cat impression actually having it every day :D

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Mine never mis-fires though Mark. I will log it again when I get home as it has the engine cover on at the moment, and there is still a flat spot.

yeah your right. Have you spoke to revo about it?

Zboyd, mine had its fair share of misfires with the standard airbox.

Vids will be uploaded once im back from the gym, and yeah they are from the outside. ;)

You know it could well just be a traction control issue, it can interfere and create little flatspots as it trys to reign in the power. Switching it off doesn't help as its never really 100% off.

Another theory is squeeze the throttle slowly and build up the rpm as you go up the power-band, rather than flooring it hard. :think:

Try to keep the requested boost closer to the actual boost, ie a nice gradual acceleration. See if it still has that flat spot.

Then the usual stuff, you need to keep logging until something shows up. Could be MAF, Plugs, Coils or even an airleak.

Last edited:

Poverty

You know it could well just be a traction control issue, it can interfere and create little flatspots as it trys to reign in the power. Switching it off doesn't help as its never really 100% off.

Another theory is squeeze the throttle slowly and build up the rpm as you go up the power-band, rather than flooring it hard. :think:

Try to keep the requested boost closer to the actual boost, ie a nice gradual acceleration. See if it still has that flat spot.

Then the usual stuff, you need to keep logging until something shows up. Could be MAF, Plugs, Coils or even an airleak.

Cars going into AMD tuesday and wednesday so will ask them to have a look at it. Gonna get some new plugs also.

Its most noticeable in 5th gear for some reason. :think:

Apparently if you hold the traction control button for 10 secs it then turns off off, and not semi off.

Poverty

Must say I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and them videos are great! I've got a big grin on my face just listening to them - you must be doing a cheshire cat impression actually having it every day :D

Yeah its not bad. Cant wait to get my settings turned up now on wednesday as they are low across the board currently.

I did it about week ago, but no one returned yet :)

Andy got back to me the next day.

Google merlin motorsport. I rang them on monday and my ITG arrived wednesday. Merlin arranged for it to be sent straight from ITG.

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Just been for a one hour drive down to Exeter on the M5, road noise and wind noise tend to be louder than Darth unless overtaking! Bit drizzly so couldn't comment on the 5000 rpm flat spot in 5th!! What is that anyway, 125 mph?

Poverty

Just been for a one hour drive down to Exeter on the M5, road noise and wind noise tend to be louder than Darth unless overtaking! Bit drizzly so couldn't comment on the 5000 rpm flat spot in 5th!! What is that anyway, 125 mph?

no idea it was being run on a dyno ;)

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
What settings are you running Pov? I'm on B8/T5/F7 This was too much boost till I fitted the intercooler then the ecu adapted and the engine really came alive after 25 or so miles! Getting downpipe at the end of the month and will RR car and adjust as necessary

Poverty

What settings are you running Pov? I'm on B8/T5/F7 This was too much boost till I fitted the intercooler then the ecu adapted and the engine really came alive after 25 or so miles! Getting downpipe at the end of the month and will RR car and adjust as necessary

I have no idea mate, im running stage 2 plus but on really low settings across the board, but they never told me what settings they were.

Gonna get the settings adjusted wednesday when the dp gets fitted so wil ask them to write it down for me.

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
ITG intake fitted:
DSC00170.jpg

Worth removing transmission air duct to get fresh air up behind headlamp to feed the filter! Filter oiled as per instructions on can, not too much, just tacky.......

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire

I think your probably right about the esp although it doesnt light up on the dials and mainly happens in 2nd/3rd gear. At the moment im running b8 t5 f6 just for the record.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
@ Poverty - Please let me know how you get on.

I will log mine properly when i get home to check for all of the above. One of the crap things about staying where I do is that there are a lack of places around to figure out such issues, and the places that are anywhere close are not places I would choose to visit anyway.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
ITG intake fitted:
DSC00170.jpg

Worth removing transmission air duct to get fresh air up behind headlamp to feed the filter! Filter oiled as per instructions on can, not too much, just tacky.......

Did you put gloves on and massage it in to the filter media? Andy said I should do this after lightly oiling the filter as it improves the capacity of the filter to hold any small debris without blocking pores.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Ordered mine today , you just beat me Z by 2 mins lol
Andy told me ou just ordered yours , think i have bought the last one that had all the parts available , i am going to get my pipes treated when they arrive to something different from the norm ;)
Kit should be here Tuesday , cant wait.

Poverty

@ Poverty - Please let me know how you get on.

I will log mine properly when i get home to check for all of the above. One of the crap things about staying where I do is that there are a lack of places around to figure out such issues, and the places that are anywhere close are not places I would choose to visit anyway.

Will do.

Will ITG be carrying spares for this kit, such as new filters and filter housing?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Ordered mine today , you just beat me Z by 2 mins lol
Andy told me ou just ordered yours , think i have bought the last one that had all the parts available , i am going to get my pipes treated when they arrive to something different from the norm ;)
Kit should be here Tuesday , cant wait.

;) Yup sorted it with Andy this morning. Should get mine early next week, Monday if he managed to get the kit sorted today or Tuesday more likely. Won't be fitted until next weekend so I'm in no rush.

You getting your pipes powder coated or anodized ;)