ITG CAI Review (For Leon Cupra Mk2) **NOW WITH VIDEO FOOTAGE**

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
....Most people if given half the chance would like something for nothing!

As you've already acknowledged "they have done allot of work on it" and as a car enthusiast you already know that such products as air intakes aren't produced in large enough quantities such that there is sufficient margin.

You are also selfishly ignoring that by asking a manufacturer directly to accept a group buy you are obliging him to compete with his appointed retailers. Any request for a GB should be addressed to the retailer.

I still think that in this case it's insulting and disrespectful to ITG's efforts but I accept you have a different opinion.

:)

ITG said it was ok to go direct for a single purchase, obviously not even mentioned a GB as it’s not my place to! But if a direct GB with ITG is the wrong way to do it then I stand corrected and I have learnt something!

I welcome yours and anybodies views as its all a learing curve! :)

Last edited:

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Nothing has been mentioned to date.

However having spent some time with Andy at ITG, I know these kits hardly turn in a staggering profit for them. We were looking at ways the kit could be sold (like in a stage 1/2/3 set up), and there was nothing beyond what you see here that could be value engineered out to make the kits any cheaper.

I believe there will be more expensive options which are powder coated, or even an option offering a battery relocation / reduction kit, but all these will be more expensive if there is a demand for this.

I don't Andy being able to scale costs back much for a group buy as it's only likely to sell in limited numbers and therefore he has to try and make some margin for the R&D and tooling.

Merlin Motorsport may be interested in setting up a group buy, but then I think you may find due to some of the less successfully managed group buys on the forum that the admin/moderation team may not want it to happen on the forum.

Merlin Motorsport price is £320+ Vat the same as what Rob H has paid for his.

Cheers

RickyD

Poverty

Where's your car? Stealer?

Was at the bodyshop getting front bumper resprayed. Got the car back after all at quarter to 6. Currently half way through fitting the intake. Had to go to bnq after I snapped a jubilee clip though and now just having a bite to eat.

Awesome quality, will get some good vids up later.

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Yes, fitted mine last weekend and managed (quite easily) to overdo one of the clips! Just remember they don't need to be mega tight, it's intake not intercooler! Loving the noise and performance, just not everyone's cup of tea, but I guess if you're reading this, then a few sucks and hisse ( not hugs and kisses) are rigt up your street!!! What a fantastically well made piece of kit, big up to Andy and the boys for coming up with a REAL CAI for our car!!!!

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Just a thought for those of you who haven't fitted a Twintercooler, part of the necessary steps for fitting a Forge Twintercooler is to remove the air duct for the transmission, the big benefit of this is that the grille to the left of the n/s foglamp now provides a plentiful supply of fresh air to exactly the area where the ITG filter is located....................

Jam da Joker

Anyone knows where can I get ITG intake?
On ITG's website there isn't any news about it.

Poverty

Yes, fitted mine last weekend and managed (quite easily) to overdo one of the clips! Just remember they don't need to be mega tight, it's intake not intercooler! Loving the noise and performance, just not everyone's cup of tea, but I guess if you're reading this, then a few sucks and hisse ( not hugs and kisses) are rigt up your street!!! What a fantastically well made piece of kit, big up to Andy and the boys for coming up with a REAL CAI for our car!!!!

Yeah it is a noisy little bugger, certaily turns head. Car seems alot more responsive and smoother now, But there seems to be a slight hesitation or flat spot at about 5.5k revs.

Also now I think the standard DV is struggling to cope. Sometimes Im foot to the floor just after changing gear, but the revs dont increase, there is no flutter from the dv and I have to release the accelerator for a while before I can jump back on it and make progress.

Got some nice vids to upload tomorrow. :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
But there seems to be a slight hesitation or flat spot at about 5.5k revs.

Mine has done this for ages, and its intermittent. It also has a tinkling/jingling noise on spool/boost also. I think if you look at it closely though, its more like 5200rpm that the flat spot comes in.......

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
A hesitation or flat spot is usually indicative of a misfire, and misfire symptoms have been seen with aftermarket intakes. Though the ITG doesn't fit the theory as they reduce the pipe work at the MAF to keep it more in line with the OEM setup which in theory should keep the scaling more in tolerance.

What kind of settings are you using?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
A hesitation or flat spot is usually indicative of a misfire, and misfire symptoms have been seen with aftermarket intakes. Though the ITG doesn't fit the theory as they reduce the pipe work at the MAF to keep it more in line with the OEM setup which in theory should keep the scaling more in tolerance.

What kind of settings are you using?

Mine never mis-fires though Mark. I will log it again when I get home as it has the engine cover on at the moment, and there is still a flat spot.

Poverty

Mine has done this for ages, and its intermittent. It also has a tinkling/jingling noise on spool/boost also. I think if you look at it closely though, its more like 5200rpm that the flat spot comes in.......

yeah your right. Have you spoke to revo about it?

Zboyd, mine had its fair share of misfires with the standard airbox.

Vids will be uploaded once im back from the gym, and yeah they are from the outside. ;)

Poverty

Can't say I've noticed this on mine, but then it may need some time to go through adaptation as you've vastly altered the characteristics of the car.

Are you running aftermarket DP/cats etc?

mr horac is iirc, im not though. just uploading vids now

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Yeah it is a noisy little bugger, certaily turns head. Car seems alot more responsive and smoother now, But there seems to be a slight hesitation or flat spot at about 5.5k revs.

Also now I think the standard DV is struggling to cope. Sometimes Im foot to the floor just after changing gear, but the revs dont increase, there is no flutter from the dv and I have to release the accelerator for a while before I can jump back on it and make progress.

Got some nice vids to upload tomorrow. :)

ive had this a couple of times when foot to the floor, dont know about the flat spot though ill go out for a drive and see later.

was wondering about oiling the filter also.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members