Since we been talking fmic recently...

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Im able to get hold of a fmic for very good price ive had a look through a load of the old threads on this but still not 100% answered my questions...

The fmic core size is a smaller than the uni one length wise but a bit deeper...

but instead of having 2 1/4" inlet and outlet its got 2 1/2" will it perform better due to better flow or just make it more laggy...

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Work out the internal volume by multiplying the height, width and depth. Then we'l be able to see how it compares to the other options

Right ive worked out the volume of the core from the measurments in mm...

ive also done the same with the e-bay uni one to give a comparison and worked out the overall difference in size if ive done it correctly it works out to...

E-BAY UNI volume = 5096000

The other one works out at - 4252500

So makes the ebay ones volume bigger by - 843500

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
oh right...spose it figures...

Well i think i may opt for the uni one anyway as i no a few people are running them with no problems cost a bit more but i no it works...

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Well im going to be stage one for a while anyway so it will do fine for what ive got...

really feeling the lack of powr from the warm wether recently aswell doing my head in...

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
sorry to hijack for a second but does anyone know if the piping supplied with the forge FMIC kit will fit that universal cooler posted above?

# Core size: 540mm x 180mm x 65mm
# End to end 690mm/27"
# 2.25"(57mm) Inlet and Outlet

Can't find much on the forge site

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Wouldnt touch the forge pipework even if i was paid to. Its poor fitment and isnt very big tubing, only around 50mm iirc. There pipework fawls on the gearbox so eventually will make a hole thus giving you a boost leak.

Stick with the uni kit pipework or make up your own

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
yer i hear what you're saying. If it was to fit, it would save me a lot of hassle and make getting a fmic back on quite easy.

Do you reckon those inlet/outlet dimensions are internal diameter or external diameter?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Ah well i got a e-gay special uni cooler on route to me now so when it arrives i will fit it and get a coupl of pictures up...

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
cheers Myki.

s1l3nc3r, let me know when you've got it cuz I'll want you to measure up the external size of those inlets but the other thing I've just realised whilst writing this is that the forge inlet/outlets are on the rear of the cooler, on that uni cooler, they're on the end :(

OK time to broaden the question, anyone know of a cooler I can run with the forge pipe work (apart from the forge FMIC) :D

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
cheers Myki.

s1l3nc3r, let me know when you've got it cuz I'll want you to measure up the external size of those inlets but the other thing I've just realised whilst writing this is that the forge inlet/outlets are on the rear of the cooler, on that uni cooler, they're on the end :(

OK time to broaden the question, anyone know of a cooler I can run with the forge pipe work (apart from the forge FMIC) :D

Should be quite a few coolers on ebay that'l have the inlet/outlet in the same position as the forge one mate, its just a matter of looking trough until you find one tho lol