Single beep sound when i open the driver door

Eblis

Hi,

I have a Seat Leon MK II 1.4 TSI and sometimes when i open the driver's door the car issues a single beep and i was wondering if any of you have any idea why it would do that.

I have the Coming Home feature and I always leave my lights on as the car will turn them off after 30 seconds (default was 40s iirc).
Could the beep be caused by this ? Is the car letting me know I have the lights on with a single beep or is it something else ?

The beep is the same as the one you get when you leave the lights in the intermediate setting (I don't know how that's called in English, sorry - the one just after lights completely off (0)) but if i leave the lights in that setting it's beeping continuously, whereas in this case it only issues a single beep.

I asked the dealers but they didn't have any idea and they guessed, like me, that maybe it's related to Coming Home functionality, the car letting me know that i have the lights on.

Do any of you guys have that single beep when you first open the driver's door ?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Hi,

I have a Seat Leon MK II 1.4 TSI and sometimes when i open the driver's door the car issues a single beep and i was wondering if any of you have any idea why it would do that.

I have the Coming Home feature and I always leave my lights on as the car will turn them off after 30 seconds (default was 40s iirc).
Could the beep be caused by this ? Is the car letting me know I have the lights on with a single beep or is it something else ?

The beep is the same as the one you get when you leave the lights in the intermediate setting (I don't know how that's called in English, sorry - the one just after lights completely off (0)) but if i leave the lights in that setting it's beeping continuously, whereas in this case it only issues a single beep.

I asked the dealers but they didn't have any idea and they guessed, like me, that maybe it's related to Coming Home functionality, the car letting me know that i have the lights on.

Do any of you guys have that single beep when you first open the driver's door ?

I also leave my Coming Home Lights on but I don't have the larger Display near my Speedo so can't change the time they are on but it still doesn't give a beep at all?

Danny.

Eblis

I don't remember hearing the beep every time i unlock and open my car, just sometimes.
That's what's a bit annoying ... it doesn't beep every time i unlock and open my car, and so far i haven't been able to tell why it's beeping and when exactly.

Hmm, now that i think about it I have a Viper alarm that's been installed after i got the car (first time i picked it up at the dealer i had them install the alarm) and i remember reading about it issuing some kind of beeps when you open the car, depending on whether it triggered or not while i was away - but i think those are other beeps ? I think it said it issues the sounds when you unlock, not when you open the door (not sure now ...)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members