Slighty loss of power?

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Past week or 2 i have noticed a slight loss of power, around 4-6rpm it feels like it is strangled and it has lost the kick it used to give, car has 11k last service being 3k ago, what could i check? I havent got vag com so is there other things to look for?

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Past week or 2 i have noticed a slight loss of power, around 4-6rpm it feels like it is strangled and it has lost the kick it used to give, car has 11k last service being 3k ago, what could i check? I havent got vag com so is there other things to look for?

esp holding it back because the roads are a little cold and wet, other than that find someone nearby with vagcom, or let the dealers have a look warrenty is your friend.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Can you pin point where it cuts back? If its at 5200rpm, then you are not alone. Is the car standard?

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Yeh i think its around there, i used to get quite a big kick around 5.5k and now it just feels quite gutless and yes it is standard

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
That may be you're missing the Revo! Mine started to feel slow about 4 weeks after Stage 1 was done, nothing wrong, just got used to it! Get Mitch at Streetwise to check it for you tho. Got used to my stage 2+ now, no it doesn't feel slow!

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
No it's definately not that Ken, i remember how the power came in before the remap and it feels like it has lost it's 'kick',

Poverty, Engine wise it is standard

Poverty

Really need VAG COM, but it might be related to the colder and therefore more dense air making your flat spot more obvious, if it is the flat spot you are suffering from.

Revo cant tell us why the cars have this flat spot, at first they biffed me off with faulty DV, then faulty springs on 08 plus cars and now they are just silent on the matter.

Still want them to map the TT-RS though :lol:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.