smoked side repeaters

DanLewis1991

Apr 22, 2009
Newport
i realllllly want some smoked side repeaters on my silver ibiza but cant find any for the mk4 anywhere!

theres loads on ebay for the previous models but none for the mk4..
do any of you have them?
if so where did u get them and how easy are they to change?

thanks, dan

Aimez

I have them but the I had to modify the bulb holders the lens fit but the bulb holder on the ibiza were too big.
CIMG0049.jpg

CIMG0052.jpg

CIMG0053.jpg

CIMG0057.jpg

Last edited:

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
just buy some tint spray and tint them mate that what i did and they are barely noticable now - still working 100% and light still shines throught but im well happy and saved a bit of cash by just tintin originals

Aimez

Risk of cops not liking it and same at MOT time though. I keep everything legal as having a modded car attracts the police anyway and they will look for things that they can catch you out on. But up to you what you do obviously.

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
well aimez i bought some more just normal ones and sprayed them so for mot i can put originals back on - but i no what ya mean - no point spending loads of cash, making ya car look quality for police to fine you or worse is there!

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Tint film isn't illegal aslong as you do it correctly.
I bought the ones that aimez had and they never quite fit correctly and once they were in I couldnt get them out.

Tint them with spray!

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
i bought the ebay ones and binned them the same day, i would try get another standard set from scrappies and tint them with tint spray, then change them at mot time

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
haha i was going to bin mine - they were awful but just tinted em instead so still got originals for MOT.

Very happy with results now though.

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
yer just buy some off ebay and then tint them. Looks good and then at MOT time you can switch back to originals easily.

matfennell

Nov 10, 2009
York
my were perfect fit :S took about 2 mins to fit them!

Suppose depends which ones u get but im well happy with mine now ive tinted em

jnc90

Sep 24, 2009
How much would new, standard one's be from a dealer so that I can tint spray them?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.