smokey exhaust?????

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
hi guys, the other day i left my car running while speaking to a friend and as i walked back i noticed that the exhaust seemed smokey, and has done ever since,and also when i switch it off it still smokes for a while, its got a dodgey coil pack dont know if thats realated? any help would be great thanks, daz (btw its a mk3 cupra)

MR Ibiza Cupra

Feb 17, 2006
London
hmm whats the mileage on the car ? It could be a knackerd thrust bearing or oil seals in the turbo. Or could be a blocked oil breather pipe.:D

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
hi guys, the smoke is light, not blue hope its not purple! ! its done 27000 miles and has had a lady owner previously so i assume its not been thrashed, it could be due to the cold but its just i never noticed before,, the coilpack is being fixed friday, and ill have it diagnosed then, just wanted an idea as its having a turbo back system, dv, tip and remap this saturday and thought it pointless if the car is running badly,, its also got a dodgy n75 valve,,,,dont know if that could be it either, im getting a bit concerned so any help would be great guys,,, daz thanks

Justcraizy

Jan 17, 2006
I would start worring after the car starts taking more oil and I would RUN to service if I would notice that coolant level is decreasing somehow!!! Also check oil color and whether it is foaming or not. If yes then coolant is getting into the oil.

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
ive checked this recently but will do again, im sure the levels are ok,better to be safe as they say,,

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members