Software Updates Query

Dominus

Apr 9, 2023
Had the Formentor for just over a month, in the first week the infotainment notified me of a software update which I installed. The System Info now says I am on 1890. Reading other threads I can see that a lot of folk are on 1896 or newer.

My phone is connected to the infotainment and I had that initial update so how come I am not being notified of newer updates? What am I doing wrong? Did some research and my infotainment is NOT set to maximum privacy mode. My phone is using mobile data. I am on Cupra Connect too. I am the Primary User. Am I missing something?

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Had the Formentor for just over a month, in the first week the infotainment notified me of a software update which I installed. The System Info now says I am on 1890. Reading other threads I can see that a lot of folk are on 1896 or newer.

My phone is connected to the infotainment and I had that initial update so how come I am not being notified of newer updates? What am I doing wrong? Did some research and my infotainment is NOT set to maximum privacy mode. My phone is using mobile data. I am on Cupra Connect too. I am the Primary User. Am I missing something?
Some updates can only be installed by the dealer. Mine was updated from 1890 last May to 1896 and then to 1899 this March, both by the dealer. New cars are rolling out with version 1900.
If you're having no issues I'd be tempted to leave well alone tbh. Mine was great on 1896 but I have had some problems on 1899.

Reactions: Dominus

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
I've had none issues with 1899 but if it ain't broke...

Don't .... with it😁👍

Dominus

Apr 9, 2023
I have the dreaded restart issues with the 1890 so was keen to update the software. Cupra Connect seems a bit of a damp squib if you can't update the software. Not scheduled for a service till winter so will have to contact my local dealer. Thanks for the replies.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Mine went to A896 ( The over the air version of 1896 )
Still never fixed the overtaking on the right issue
Still had a hissy fit some days and constantly rebooted

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Mine went to A896 ( The over the air version of 1896 )
Still never fixed the overtaking on the right issue
Still had a hissy fit some days and constantly rebooted
Used 1900 quite a lot and haven't seen the overtaking issue at all.. Obviously not saying it might not happen just not seen it yet

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Used 1900 quite a lot and haven't seen the overtaking issue at all.. Obviously not saying it might not happen just not seen it yet
I doubt you'll ever see it. I told the garage mine did it when on 1890. I also had GPS issues where the map was bouncing all over the place, even when using android auto. To add to that I had the speed signs showing up in km's and the SOS emergency issue. They updated to 1896 and updated the GPS firmware too. I had no issues at all until the latest update to 1899 where I've had several system restarts a few minutes after starting the car (non in the last 2 weeks though) and I had 2 huge system crashes which included the digital dash going blank whilst driving the M5 near Bristol.
With 1900 you'll have different hardware to those of us with older cars so hopefully you'll have no issues.

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Had a new one today the auto parking was going to hit another car and the reversing sensors were not sounding.

Another day another way this car can get it wrong

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Had a new one today the auto parking was going to hit another car and the reversing sensors were not sounding.

Another day another way this car can get it wrong
Autopark is quite fun but a bit of a gimmick.. Love the idea though.. Think it is better at reverse park than it is at Bay Parking...

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Autopark is quite fun but a bit of a gimmick.. Love the idea though.. Think it is better at reverse park than it is at Bay Parking...
It's worked flawlessly for 2 years and now it's just another thing on the car that randomly doesn't work

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
I doubt you'll ever see it. I told the garage mine did it when on 1890. I also had GPS issues where the map was bouncing all over the place, even when using android auto. To add to that I had the speed signs showing up in km's and the SOS emergency issue. They updated to 1896 and updated the GPS firmware too. I had no issues at all until the latest update to 1899 where I've had several system restarts a few minutes after starting the car (non in the last 2 weeks though) and I had 2 huge system crashes which included the digital dash going blank whilst driving the M5 near Bristol.
With 1900 you'll have different hardware to those of us with older cars so hopefully you'll have no issues.
Hi all, im due to collect my car next week which was a stock car, and it seems it was built in Dec 2022. Should i be asking/checking that the dealer ensures the car comes with the latest 1900 software update, or is 1900 new hardware which applies to new factory orders only please?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi all, im due to collect my car next week which was a stock car, and it seems it was built in Dec 2022. Should i be asking/checking that the dealer ensures the car comes with the latest 1900 software update, or is 1900 new hardware which applies to new factory orders only please?
The frustrating part about the dealers is that they will always say the car is on the latest firmware available for you model.
They are actually saying they can't be arsed doing the PDI fully and they may look at it when it comes in for a service.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
The frustrating part about the dealers is that they will always say the car is on the latest firmware available for you model.
They are actually saying they can't be arsed doing the PDI fully and they may look at it when it comes in for a service.
Most customers won’t have a scooby about software levels, and them updating software is just taking up shop space they could be fleecing another customer for instead.

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
Thanks for the quick replies. But is 1900 the latest and in fact available on cars built in Dec please? Fully aware of dealer difficulties, but if i know what i should be getting i can certainly check the version myself thru infotainment and get them to update if its not the latest!

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Thanks for the quick replies. But is 1900 the latest and in fact available on cars built in Dec please? Fully aware of dealer difficulties, but if i know what i should be getting i can certainly check the version myself thru infotainment and get them to update if its not the latest!
Hi, take a look at this thread:

You'll see in the pics that the chap with 1900 has new hardware compared with mine. You can then check yours as you've said. As far as I can tell 1900 is only available on the latest hardware.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Derv4194 - from what I’ve read on different VW Golf forums, the latest version isn’t always the best, even though it ought to be. There’ve been mk8 Golf owners whose car’s software has been updated to the newest version and some of the issues that were fixed by the previous version have been unfixed by the latest version 😧. Some owners have also had new issues not experienced before from the latest version of the software.

So maybe keep the software version that your car’s delivered with and if it’s problem-free that’s great! If it’s not, then ask the dealer for it to be updated to the latest version available for your car.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
@Derv4194 - from what I’ve read on different VW Golf forums, the latest version isn’t always the best, even though it ought to be. There’ve been mk8 Golf owners whose car’s software has been updated to the newest version and some of the issues that were fixed by the previous version have been unfixed by the latest version 😧. Some owners have also had new issues not experienced before from the latest version of the software.

So maybe keep the software version that your car’s delivered with and if it’s problem-free that’s great! If it’s not, then ask the dealer for it to be updated to the latest version available for your car.
Absolutely correct. No issues on 1896, lots of issues on 1899!
Unfortunately it's not like Microsoft Windows where you can roll back to the earlier version 😕.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise