Some New Pics of my Crono Yellow Cupra

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Haven't really posted up any decent images of my car since getting it back in May. So here goes...

After a good wash and wax (my phone makes the colour look very pale :cry:)

DSC00340.jpg
]
DSC00342.jpg
]
DSC00339.jpg
]
DSC00337.jpg
]
DSC00343.jpg
]
DSC00338.jpg
]

Some night ones showing the cars PROPER colour lol [B)]

DSC00344.jpg
]
DSC00345.jpg
]

Comments welcome guys!

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Cheers for the comments lads

Carr20vt,

Lol I mean I bought the car in May. I owned a 2007 FR TDI in red for 2 years prior to getting this one. I would thoroughly recommend the EVOMS intake, great fit and quality is excellent. The noise is the best part, sounds like Darth Vader when under acceleration and when giving it the beans, you get wastegate chatter on throttle lift off like a WRC car lol. I got mine from JKM motorsport, comes with a heatshield for the intake pipe. Ill take a pic tonight and post it into this thread tomorrow if you want?

ste-lfc,

The decal on the front bumper can be bought from a company called the Vinylstore. I thing they are sponsors of the forum??? Anyway I got the 150mm long sticker but they come in different lenghts and colours.

Search google for 'The Vinylstore' and you will find them. Not bad priced either, I can't remeber the exact price but it was less just over £5 I think postage included.

Last edited:

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
Cheers for the comments lads

Carr20vt,

Lol I mean I bought the car in May. I owned a 2007 FR TDI in red for 2 years prior to getting this one. I would thoroughly recommend the EVOMS intake, great fit and quality is excellent. The noise is the best part, sounds like Darth Vader when under acceleration and when giving it the beans, you get wastegate chatter on throttle lift off like a WRC car lol. I got mine from JKM motorsport, comes with a heatshield for the intake pipe. Ill take a pic tonight and post it into this thread tomorrow if you want?

ste-lfc,

The decal on the front bumper can be bought from a company called the Vinylstore. I thing they are sponsors of the forum??? Anyway I got the 150mm long sticker but they come in different lenghts and colours.

Search google for 'The Vinylstore' and you will find them. Not bad priced either, I can't remeber the exact price but it was less just over £5 I think postage included.

No its ok mate cheers. I did have one but swapped to the Dbilas as i found the noise a bit intrusive. But hey now a find the db slightly reserved in comparison.

What's next??

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
No its ok mate cheers. I did have one but swapped to the Dbilas as i found the noise a bit intrusive. But hey now a find the db slightly reserved in comparison.

What's next??

I'm not too sure what to do next TBH was thinking of getting a Milltek Cat back next as the car is warrented to next May and I don't want too much grief so I will take the cat out after the warranty is up.

Either that or Im debating refurbing the wheels in gloss black and adding a gloss black vinyl roof.

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
I'm not too sure what to do next TBH was thinking of getting a Milltek Cat back next as the car is warrented to next May and I don't want too much grief so I will take the cat out after the warranty is up.

Either that or Im debating refurbing the wheels in gloss black and adding a gloss black vinyl roof.

Can see what you are saying but you shouldn't have any issues with Milltek and warranty and with your mods ie remap and intake the dp and sports cat would make one hell of a difference!

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
GainfulShrimp,

Go for it! its only a sticker put it on and if you get abuse bin it. Best of all £3.50 all in for 2x Decepticon and 2x Autobot logos of ebay and a UK seller :)

Im 26 and get the odd bit of abuse about them but I like them and will be bored of them some day and remove them again.

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
nice, i was gonna get a yellow one. only someone on here got it before me. ha - where you get the black cupra badge at the front from? want something like that myself! so other cars know to be scared!

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
djhorace,

I sourced them from a local rally spares shop mate, they were just listed as rally mudflaps £5 each.

Great job they are, I have them held on with wee self tappers into the plastic arch liner and I used the screws that secure the sideskirts also.

The top of the mudflap is held on with a self tapper. I had to drill a hole in the wing to get it to fit but I covered the screw in copper grease and I reguarly re-apply it to prevent rusting taking place. It worked on my old FR for two winters and no rust so It seems to work fine.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I was going to buy some for mine, but never found any i liked. Got any closer up pics of them? I am not keen on drilling in to my wing though.

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
djhorace,

If you search for posts by me on the Mk2 Leon forum, you will find pics of them close up fitted to my Red FR TDI with the same skirts and spoiler as your own so will give you an idea mate. I will get you some better pics tonight when I get home. But try the search in the meantime.

Also, Im sure if you put some more thought into it a clip of some sort could be used to secure them such as those used for the OEM rear flaps mate.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need any more information.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire

i like the black wheels roof combo on the yellow cupra, if it was mine thats what id be doing, well actualy id also be doing the milltek tbe aswell forget just doing the catback.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.