SOS Error

Markessex

Dec 2, 2021
Don’t see why we should pay for the connect service when I have to have the car in incognito mode to stop the SOS fault and cannot use most of the connect features

Reactions: KoNG

tekfreak

Jan 19, 2022
Solihull, UK
Don’t see why we should pay for the connect service when I have to have the car in incognito mode to stop the SOS fault and cannot use most of the connect features
@Markessex totally agree! Anyone with SOS issues should get a full free reinstatement once it's been fixed.

In fact I also think the the way SEAT(VAG) are trying to monetize the service is abysmal. When I had my Passat B8, the connect service ran for three years. Charging £125pa on year 2 for a service that most will only use the odd battery status, lock or pre-conditioning message is outrageous. At the very minimum it should be priced as a PAYG type service and charges ONLY for the SMS messages used. Of course extra for use of streaming bandwidth.

VAG should seriously review their telematics business model, compared against their competitors (e.g. Tesla) have better Phone App, Media and connectivity features and 1000x better implementation than VAG. There is no way you can compare the two in any way, so why does VAG think they can charge the same?!?! Crazy o_O

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Latest SOS update..... we had it occur on the A316 near Twickenham yesterday and, the previous weekend, in Cheam where we had good phone reception. Our previous thoughts that it only happened in low signal areas does not appear to be the case. We also followed up with our dealership last week. They informed us that there were "two field campaigns" showing against our car, both of which had been actioned when the car was with them last year. They had nothing else from the factory which seems to run contrary to some of the posts above.

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to what the latest official firmware version for the Leon FR is from SEAT UK?

Markessex

Dec 2, 2021
I was told by the garage when I told them the SOS fault had reoccurred that they had been told to log all cars with the SOS fault both Seat and Skoda and send the information to head office.
They said they were unaware of the elusive fix all software update and the latest they were told of was the 1803 level that had been fitted to my car.
They said they would look at the car again but had no fix , I decided not to do this and wait for a fix to be found then book my car in.

Reactions: Philk

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
Happened to me yesterday for the first time. Car is 4 months old. Two loud popping noises followed by two more a few minutes later and SOS message appeared. Going to try the press and hold SOS button and see if that clears it.
Absolutely love the car so far otherwise.

Markessex

Dec 2, 2021
I am generally happy with the car but these things do take the shine off a really good car, mine is a company lease car so I don’t have to worry but I would not be happy if it was my own car with these problems .

Reactions: Torque69

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
I am generally happy with the car but these things do take the shine off a really good car, mine is a company lease car so I don’t have to worry but I would not be happy if it was my own car with these problems .
My ordered ehybrid ST also a company lease and as I'll have it for 4 yrs/100k miles I hope to god that its relatively trouble free when I eventually receive it.

Can't recall the last time I had a troublesome car in this modern age, 30 yrs ago yes!

With the amount of R&D, testing, technology and modern production methods there really is little excuse for delivering sub par cars these days.

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
My ordered ehybrid ST also a company lease and as I'll have it for 4 yrs/100k miles I hope to god that its relatively trouble free when I eventually receive it.

Can't recall the last time I had a troublesome car in this modern age, 30 yrs ago yes!

With the amount of R&D, testing, technology and modern production methods there really is little excuse for delivering sub par cars these days.
The challenge with these software related issues is that all of the cars will suffer from them. The exact circumstances (data combinations) on a given drive on a given day will determine whether you experience them or not but sadly, most will.

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
The message wasn't there next day so ni need to try the SOS call.

I have noticed every journey since the globe and user icons disappear after hearing the popping noise from the infotainment system. After a while the icons reappear. Rather frustrating.

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
The SOS error happened to me again a few days ago (on a built up road so unlikely to be signal strength related). Once I'd got home, I did not switch the engine off but searched through the various screens until I could display the error log. This is what came up.

IMG_2197.JPG

It would be interesting to know if others are getting an identical message. For those who don't know, you press the Petrol Pump icon on the bottom of the screen and then select the option to display reports.

Reactions: Tell

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
The SOS error happened to me again a few days ago (on a built up road so unlikely to be signal strength related). Once I'd got home, I did not switch the engine off but searched through the various screens until I could display the error log. This is what came up.

View attachment 29839

It would be interesting to know if others are getting an identical message. For those who don't know, you press the Petrol Pump icon on the bottom of the screen and then select the option to display reports.

Yes, that's what I had last Saturday. Also available by tapping on top right of screen
Did you get a notification (red dot) in the top right-hand corner. As you can see from our photo, there was nothing to indicate a new notification

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
Drove 70 miles yesterday. Got the SOS error after two pops from the infotainment screen 😠 I decided to press the red button as I'd read this as an option. A call was made but I was unable to cancel the call - as advised on another site - so the call was answered. I said I received the SOS message and that everything was ok. Call ended and error cleared.
No red dot spotted on top right of screen.
35 mile return journey no issues.

Dec 18, 2021
Witam mam ten sam problem ale w tym samym miejscu na szosie znam 2 punkty do przetestowania na mojej szosie kolega który ma vw passata miał ten sam problem - nowy soft go rozwiązał ale to był VW. Zrobiliśmy test i globus zniknął w tych 2 punktach autostrady. Skoda i WV rozwiązują problemy !!!, Seat nie naprawił !! Kwatera główna zostanie, ale kiedy? 2-3 lata .......? Nigdy nie mogę, zmienił się moduł SOS - ale to nie rozwiązało problemu. Wymień olej w stole i krzesło znów zniknie, nie ma Sally KulOS. Obsługa klienta na miejscu jest bardzo, bardzo zła .... Myślę, że centrala o tym wie, ale to po prostu głęboko w dupie **! Dużo czytam posty z całego świata... Czy mógłbym zrobić problem z 5G? Może auto łączy się z Hiszpanią .......

halder

Feb 17, 2022
had this every day since Thursday last week. :(

SOS and driving assistants unavailable multiple times driving around the town I live in.

also for some reason, sometimes I cant use any form of Cruse control or assistants or anything even without the errors popping up.
is there a delay from driving so far before these become available?

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
When I've had the sos error everything has worked fine. Today I had two 'pops' and my profile and globe icons disappeared for about 5 mins.

Si1968

Nov 22, 2021
6 months on from when it first started, the double pop/sos warning is happening more frequently than ever now, but still nothing from SEAT…

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.