sound of pd150 diesel - good???

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
not a problem thread or anything, but as standard i am the only one who thinks that the sound of the pd150 engine is good when you give it high rev's say close to or over 4k?

i have a standard fr tdi and have noticed i quite like the sound when you get it to that stage, even my mate who has a v6 vectra comments it sounds quite nice for a diesel. i am going to get a remap and exhaust at some point but noticed this is standard form, am i the only one who things this? :confused:

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
i agree! i think the PD engines clatter a lot less than other diesels. im not fond of some bmw diesel engines, there is a new shape 330d at work and it doesnt sound as good as the PD150.

it makes a nice "roar" at times too.

EDIT: just re-read the original post, i've not rev'd past 4k so cannot say....

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Funnily enough my friend was in mine today (he has a petrol Cupra R) and he was surprised when I booted it, didnt think it sounded like a diesel all.

Same happened with afriend who has a Golf GT Sport TDI, both though it sounded very throaty when pushed, which is nice.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
just had the resonated milltek decat sounds slightly deaper than standard , not atall OTT ,

not like the younger days BAAAAAp BAAAP all bore and no go lol

i still cant get my head around the turbo whislting , all the other dervs dont do it , not as loud any hows

johntheboy

Mar 25, 2006
Teesside - North East
just had the resonated milltek decat sounds slightly deaper than standard , not atall OTT ,

not like the younger days BAAAAAp BAAAP all bore and no go lol

i still cant get my head around the turbo whislting , all the other dervs dont do it , not as loud any hows

Yeh my PD130 golf didnt whistle at all... didnt get a wastegate chatter type noise either like I do with my 150. One of my mates said it sounds quite nice when it gets going. Just a shame it sounds like im off to plough a field when it's sat still.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.