AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
This has really got my attention: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=121559

DSC_7109.jpg

DSC_7111.jpg

DSC_7116.jpg

DSC_7121-1.jpg

OK, so it's only a wrap, but it's proper CF weave, and it looks f**kin' beautiful IMHO. I would love to do my roof, and the rear spoiler in that... if only I wasn't so talentless!

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
£400 for both sounds more than reasonable. When are you having yours done? Will be VERY interested to see how the spoiler comes out. I would have no qualms with paying that much if it looks as good as I think it will.

Who will do yours? Yourself or are you having someone do it for you?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I know the guy's who did this, they are bassed in Godstone, Surry.
The roof did come out really well.
I'm now useing the same vinly to do all my bit's.
I'm also talking to them about doing my roof.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Will you be doing the spoiler as well? I'm just unsure how it will wrap around properly. An actual carbon fibre spoiler would obviously deal with that mind you

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
If I get the roof done then I would do the spoiler aswell, From what I'v seen them do I dont think they will have any problems doing the spoiler.
If you can find a real carbon spoiler you'd probabley be looking at about £300-£400 just for that.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Do you have any idea when you'll do it (if you do?). I'm not in any mad rush to do mine (and I'd have to fond someone up here to do it anyway) but I'd really like to see someone else's before I commit

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I'm not sure when I'll do it yet :think: I'v just been out the measure my roof and the sheet I'v got is just a bit too small :doh:
The main thing I'm worried about is if I dont like it or it looks chavy then's it's a lot of money wasted, I'v can also get it done for a lot less than the prices that have been quoted above ;)

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
i will be doing a photoshop of mine before i get it done to decide weither or not to get it but the carbon bonnet looks lonely so needs must lol:p

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Yeah, please. I think I'm going to have to let Maz loose on my paintwork, so would be nice to cover as many bases as possible while I'm down there :D

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
You do the London meet every month do you? Since I don't even have a driveway, never mind a garage, I was thinking about bringing it down in the spring if Maz doesn't mind. If there is someone down there who can do a top job for a reasonable price on the carbon roof then I'd be very happy to have mine done while I was down there, if convenient

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
You do the London meet every month do you? Since I don't even have a driveway, never mind a garage, I was thinking about bringing it down in the spring if Maz doesn't mind. If there is someone down there who can do a top job for a reasonable price on the carbon roof then I'd be very happy to have mine done while I was down there, if convenient

Yeah we have one on the 2nd Saturday of every month.
Maz would probabley need your car for a full day so you might not have time to get the roof done all in one day.

s4rpf

With carbon parts there is a guy on the vxr forum at the moment who is making some real nice pieces will make anything if theirs enough interest

Search for Carbonman on vxronline and you will find him im not allowed to post a link yet

Last edited by a moderator:

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Daz, I have a friend who runs a pub in Windsor who may put me up for the night if it's worth my while. Alternatively, I visit Hemel Hempstead every so often for work (including tomorrow) so it's not a million miles out of my way to pay someone a visit while I'm down there