spacers and bolt size

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
guys, im looking at some 15mm hubcentric spaces, i know of the forum sponsors selling them but, what other cars will they be listed for as i cant find any on ebay for a leon, only skoda, vw, audi, so will other models fit my leon??

Last edited:

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
mate your sig should say.

I know you havent used the search button but i am always happy to help,

ha ha ha.

will they fit mine though and will i need bolts??

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
your after 5x100 pcd with a 57.1mm bore from memory nev. Are you going 15mm on the back? I've got 15mm on the back at the min and am looking to go 10mm on the front soon. For the back you can get away with steel spacers as you don't feel the extra unsprung weight, but i found when using my steel spacers on the front I had a lot of extra vibration through the steering wheel; going for lightweight aluminium ones for the front now.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The hub centric bolt onto hub style spacers are a proper PITA, this is a two person job or you need to use a brick on the brake pedal or jimmy the brake disc vents to allow you to hold these inplce while you torque these inplace to 120 NM.
I would go for spacers just with longer bolts purely for this reason.
How close to the arch does 15mm spacers put the LCR OEM alloys.
Wouldn't want to sacrifice the the ability to handle big bumps at speed

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
The hub centric bolt onto hub style spacers are a proper PITA, this is a two person job or you need to use a brick on the brake pedal or jimmy the brake disc vents to allow you to hold these inplce while you torque these inplace to 120 NM.
I would go for spacers just with longer bolts purely for this reason.
How close to the arch does 15mm spacers put the LCR OEM alloys.
Wouldn't want to sacrifice the the ability to handle big bumps at speed

I only ran 15mm on the front for 3days; they were definitely the limit, anymore and arch contact on bigger bumps would be unavoidable. 15mm on the back is perfect though, even with my trailer on, and a boot full of tools, there is no rubbing :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cheers Danny,

Still not convinced that spacer will make that much difference but will get some and have a play on the track to prove this for myself

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
I'm still playing around a bit with them too! Trying to source some 10mm's for the front and see how things go then. New tyres tomorrow should help :D:D:D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Shouldn't make any difference TBH, the hub doesn't change so should be fine.
I wouldn't want to run much more than 5mm front and 10mm rear.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.