speaker wiring looms

mini670

I tried fitting my new Kenwood stereo in today.

Thought it`d be simple, standard ISO conectors and ariel:)

It powers up fine, plays the cd. But nowt is coming through the speakers :cry:.

I thought it may have been the unit itself, so i tried my old one in and the same happened again.

Anyone got any ideas on this please?

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
lol sorry to ask!! Erm were they working before you wired up the new hu or have they never worked??

mini670

only had the car a week or so,
the head unit that was installed was missing the front, so i cant be sure if they were working before?

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
id wire a speaker straight to the back of the hu to make sure the speaker out works, then id look at the connectors on the backs of the speakers in the door to see if theyre connected. Then if thats not working id run a new cable or check for interconnections!

G223

Dec 6, 2007
whip the gloveboc out, it gives access to the plugs before the doors and the back of the radio takes 5 mins and should help somewhat

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
i put a new head unit in mine and lost the rear speakers!dont why,all 4 worked on the headunit in my old car,but if i put my head unit that came with the back in all speackers work

mini670

finally got the internet back at home, and finally got round to giving the speaker loom a good look over.

My problem was that someone has had the door cards off, when they have put the screws in round the speaker, one of them had gone straight through pos and neg wires causing a short circuit...

Anyhows glad its all sorted now, onto all the other problems now.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.