Speed Limiter on Cupra 290

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
So i know how to enable cruise control on the car it, the dial on top of the left indicator stick.

however I still cant figure out how to enable the speed limiter, does this car have a speed limiter?

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
What exactly do you mean by speed limiter? There is an audible warning you can set that warns you if you go above a set speed. If you mean like a valet mode where you can't go above a set speed when enabled, its not a standard, or even a factory option afaik.

Reactions: 70 Plate- Cupra 290

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
So I guess you got your first Cupra and now it scares you how easy it is to speed:LOL:

Seriously though, just use the audible warning, you don't need a hard limiter, they're annoying and dangerous.
Lol, It is my first car actually and its super fast. Im just scared of these stupid cameras everywhere. i dont notice my speed in this car.

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
What exactly do you mean by speed limiter? There is an audible warning you can set that warns you if you go above a set speed. If you mean like a valet mode where you can't go above a set speed when enabled, its not a standard, or even a factory option afaik.
Iv seen the option for this audible warning ill give it a try thanks.

70 Plate- Cupra 290

Sep 10, 2020
How is this your first car?!! Does nobody do their time in a sh*tbox anymore to build their no-claims up?! Your premium must be north of £3k...

I was a named driver on my parents for 2 years, but insurance is not bad right now got it for 1.1k ;) I think its because they are expecting a lockdown they have slashed the prices maybe. It was showing 1.8k 2 months ago.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Over a grand for insurance :ROFLMAO:

i get annoyed when it’s more than £250 for the year

And I tutted and cursed when my renewal came in and it had gone up £10 to £300 for my Merc with legal cover, enhanced car hire, protected NCD and all the other doodads. But then I am an olde phart ?

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
Nah, no limiter on mine 18 plate C300, just a beep and message on dash. Naturally that is set to 71mph :rolleyes:

I think they haven't put an actual limiter on it as it would be a little dangerous to override. Usually to override the limiter you floor it on the accelerator, now in a normal car that makes you go a little quicker. in these things the world starts going backwards with tons of torque steer lunacy...

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
In settings you have also option to enable notification/warning when you go overspeed(for example 10km/h over speed limit). But probably for that you need "traffic sign recognition" enabled...

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Its a standard feature on my car and no traffic recognition system fitted, you set the speed manually. It was easy to set it at 30mph but a little bit more difficult for 32mph if I recall - it was 18 months ago I did it. I prefer to have a speed limiter which my last car (not Seat) had.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Surely on your model it may have ACC Active cruise control with the radar in the front lower grill?
So that is what I use to stay as a Licence holder.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I don't have Adaptive Cruise Control...just standard CC, it wasn't fitted to the FR only Xcellence/Lux I think in 2019. The front radar unit in the lower bumper is fitted and used for Front Assist (emergency braking). I've driven a Suzuki with ACC and was quite impressed but I still found myself covering the brake in case it went into a mind of its own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicholas Ellis
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.