Split R set up wrong? vibration buzz no real whoosh

FRESHMODE

FRESHMODE
Oct 9, 2008
Staffordshire
Hi all

I was wondering if i could pick your brain on this one. I have a Forge Split R DV and although i've never had any problems with power delivery etc, i do think i may have it set up wrong or something isn't right:think:

Its (as i hope) running in 1/2 re-circ 1/2 blow-off mode. I've had it attached for nearly two years after it was fitted for me, using instructions that came with it.

1) It makes a very loud 'buzzing' noise, like a piece of metal is vibrating within the DV?

2) THe sound isn't like a conventional blow off sound, like "vrrrooomph - ptchsssssssss" (if that translates) its more like the sound of high ptched compressed air noise and a squeek at the end

Has it been set up wrong? what would you suggest i do?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated (apart from "ask somebody else", that wont be acceptable:Dlol)

Thanks

Stu

p.s. It has always done this since fitting

Benj225

Is it definitely fitted the correct way round? Have you tried adjusting the tightness etc?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Can you post a pic of the way it's fitted ?
I'v seen a few that have been fitted the wrong way round (including mine)
The clicking means it need adjusting.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
I had a SPLT R, I wound it all the way anticlockwise which made teh noise you kind of described.
So I wound it all the way clockwise, and the sound disappeared and never had any trouble.
Hope this helps.

paullcr

my mate has just set mine up he wound it anti clockwise then clock wise 15 clicks to stop any ticking noise but think reading on here every car is slightly different. i get a nice enough noise out of mine. when he had wound all the way clock wise it made more of a wierd chatter noise than a pssst. best thing is like d.k said get a photo up see if it is the correct way first and then maybe count the clicks yours is set at and then try adjusting see if you can stop it if that fails put it back to wat it was set at

t32er

what way aroud is the DV fitted?? the splitter goes as it where the "wrong way round easy way to see this is if the trumpet is facing forward - if it IS then its correct if its facing up or backwards its wrong.
try winding it all the way anti clock wise then do about 5 clicks clock wise try it like that if no go keep going clock wise click at a time untill it sounds good.
if you get to a point where its sounds like it flickers rather than peshh then it is to tight
hope this helps

FRESHMODE

FRESHMODE
Oct 9, 2008
Staffordshire
I've removed the bonet lining, removed engine cover, tweaked the Spit R (about 21 clicks clockwise) but still find it very difficult to here the blow off sound and when i change gear about 4000-5000 i still get a compressed air type sound!?

sod it, i give up!:cry: lol, its not the end of the world i know

t32er - Mine does face up and out to the right, thats the only way it can be connected as far as i can see

FRESHMODE

FRESHMODE
Oct 9, 2008
Staffordshire
Sorry to keep bringing this one up, i will stop asking after this, promise!:p

Anybody got really nice sound from their split R??

How is it set up?

what have you removed?

Can you only here it in the car, very faint?

Any worthwhile pics, video?

thanks guys:)

t32er

still having probs?? i got rid of mine in the end it done my head in
if you do them to tight it wont woosh cuz the piston wont lift high enough to let the air out i went to about 15-16 clicks in the end it was ok for me, the prob with the "R" is it is only ment to let 25% of the air woosh so it will never be that loud! if ya trumpet is facing up its wrong it should be facing the front of the car so the piston inside is running drivers side to pas side un like most others! you havent put the trumpet on the full open side have you?? this can make the turbo stall not all the time but can do as the little hole that the trumpet is ment to be over cant deal with all the air.
one thing you might find when its working is you might loose boost i did and just hated the thing after that!! sold it on ebay and didnt even get half my cash back GUTTED i bought the thing now!!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i had this problem with mine. when you squeeze the pipe on the top of the dv it will stop. squeeze it again and it will start again.
i dont think the vibrating effects the performance. i have a standard car, this is how my dv is set up. turn fully anti clockwise, then turn 16 clicks clockwise.what made the dv sound best was when i did the n249 bypass. also take your carpet off the underside of your bonnet. the dv become twice as loud.
for got to say when i was having trouble with my induction kit, i could never hear my dv.
if you have an induction kit, try taking if off and go back to standard air box.
MY SPLIT R IS LOUD AND CLEAR

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.