Spoiler question?

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
yep, I've got a 16v spoiler on mine, but because I didnt have the holes in the window I just cut the bolts and used tigerseal to stick it on :) works a treat :D

TimR1.4SE

Do you just put a load on the spoiler then press it onto the back of the car and it sticks, and can you see the seal or is it hidden?

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
yeah, I just put quite abit on the spoiler (actually I put to much on :p, so the tigerseal was squrting out everywhere when i put it on lol), had to hold it in place for a while, then used masking tape to hold it in place.

you cant see any gaps or seal, they fit on perfectly....just make sure that if the seal does squirt out you wipe it asap lol

Jun 14, 2009
Also watch out when removing the bolts on spoiler, if you do it wrong you will damage the fibreglass and it will chip off along with the bolt lol. Use large masking tape and gently apply pressure on the spoiler for 5 mins after applying tiger seal, and then leave it overnight and remove masking tape in morning. Wola, 16v spoiler!

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Also watch out when removing the bolts on spoiler, if you do it wrong you will damage the fibreglass and it will chip off along with the bolt lol. Use large masking tape and gently apply pressure on the spoiler for 5 mins after applying tiger seal, and then leave it overnight and remove masking tape in morning. Wola, 16v spoiler!

5 mins!? lol i was there for an hour with my mum next to me wiping all the tigerseal :cartman:
maybe because of the excessive amount I put on it :doh:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members