spraying dash / flocking

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
hey. i have a week off work, and i'm wanting to strip my car and get sound deadening out and get everything cleaned etc professionally.

i'm also after spraying my dash as its gone blochy using some cleaning stuff, and looks a mess.. but only the bit around the steering wheel/HU

anyone tell me what process i have to do to spray it please??

dash will be out of the car, so that'll be the hard bit out of the way

i'm guessing it'll be some kind of primer first, then paint.. but what type of paint etc..

thanks

Mat

I would assume something like Plasti-Kote. A dedicated Vinyl/Plastic paint

paddytabby

What stuff did you use that has made it go blotchy? Happend to me aswell!

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
I would be careful adding paint to a dash thats reacted with a cleaner TBH.

Make sure it gets a good clean.

If it's coming out, have it trimmed ;)

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
would love to get it flocked :) might think about it actually :p thanks for the idea!!

Plasti-Kote.. would i just clean the surface and spray directly on to the plastic??

thanks

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
thats the bit i'll have problems with.
i really want to only flock the bit around the steering wheel, the bit of the dash that is slightly silvery.. if you get me!?
but i dont know if its even possible to flock the centre console bit.. or should i leave it?

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
well my door handle surrounds are blue, and the seats are the blue ones as well.. so wouldn't mind the dash doing :) reckon it'l be different, but look alright

just need it doing this week hopefully, whilst i'm off work

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
you think its best just doing the bit around the steering wheel? and the centre console?
the full dash would be too much wont it? and its only the bit around the wheel thats gone blochy and looks crap anyway

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.