• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

serdar_18fr

Active Member
May 29, 2021
1,120
1
830
Hi everybody,

Mine is a CUPRA Ateca but I'm posting on the SEAT side, as usual, for more exposure. Some of my earlier posts on the CUPRA side didn't seem to get much of that.

I bought it brand new only one and a half years ago, so it is a '25 with only 17,000 kilometers. In the last couple of months, it developed an annoying squeaking noise coming from the base of the gear lever, for example when switching to N or R from D. Interesting thing is that there's no noise if I am rough and move it quickly & harshly, but it becomes audible when I move it kindly, as I try to do usually. I wouldn't expect something like this in a car this new and I'm afraid that it will go worse from here. I wonder if anyone has experienced something like that.

Thanks in advance & cheers,
Serdar
 
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Tell
There were but Ateca are discontinued now. Cupra Atecas were all big engined stick cars... so I thought. But no Cupra dealer round here until very recent. Then they announced discontinued :eek:. I've had 10 years out of it, happy motoring. No squeaks when moving my stick / leaver thingy.

Anyhow thought, petrol boring ;) EV the way to go. Cupra Ateca side was all about their big Bembo discs or whatever they are called and swapping wheels round when you got a puncture. Local Skoda dealer says I have the best Seat being a Skoda built car and he can't see the reason for Cupra. Radical. But then the new range of small Cupra EVs have a lot in common with the VW ones.

So no noises from the DSG leaver here but its on a diesel for what its worth.
 
There were...

This goes beyond the subject of squeaking but I'm always a little bit obsessed that we're talking about facts.

Ateca was never offered with a manual gearbox as a Cupra branded car since the beginning in 2018, when it was the initial stand-alone Cupra model.
 
This goes beyond the subject of squeaking but I'm always a little bit obsessed that we're talking about facts.

Ateca was never offered with a manual gearbox as a Cupra branded car since the beginning in 2018, when it was the initial stand-alone Cupra model.
You mean they were all driving DSGs in their big engined Cupra Ateca petrol engines with their fancy brakes. :oops: Petrol cars I find boring grinding to stand still on motorways with lorries chasing up your tail never again. Carburetor icing... which you don't get now with fuel injection now. Give you that.

Where have the petrol heads gone from the Cupra Ateca side ?. They were miffed when the 150 engine got fitted I know that. They regarded that as watering down the brand.

I wrote petrol off in 1994 or there abouts never to return. Diesel gate came and went and ICE also by 2035. Those lovely EVs. Hybrids are only range extenders till charging infrastructure and long range batteries are sorted. About 10 years to do that.

@James_R may have some info on any creaking DSG gear leavers that turn up on the service desk.
 
And Aunty Google AI seems to know about it


Screenshot_20260827_173510_Firefox.jpg


Like that other link but ties this to the Ateca DSG.