squealing recirc valve

Richie-LCR

Jan 25, 2009
ayrshire
Hi

just picked up my new lcr this morning and have found that when you let off the throttle rather than have the normal woosh of the recirc valve i get a squeal like an old bed spring lol

what would be causing this? would i be needing a new spring or a rebuild kit? would like to keep the cost down just now as i've got a rolling road day to go to next weekend so idealy want to buy one or the other not both if possible

cheers
Richie

EDIT; its a forge 007p valve btw

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Just get a service kit from Forge, comes with new piston, all new seals and new grease. There either FOC or only a few ££

Richie-LCR

Jan 25, 2009
ayrshire
all sorted now, turned the valve round and the squeal is gone :) only thing i noticed was that the spring in the valve is silver and not any colour off the forge website so i think i will invest in a yellow spring

Deleted member 20376

depends on the power your running. the colour of the spring determines the strength, not sure which is which. worth asking forge.

Richie-LCR

Jan 25, 2009
ayrshire
unsure of the power figures but the boost spikes to over 20psi on my gauge(gauge only goes to 20psi then drops off to 17ish so im assuming its remapped and the fact that i left my mates 230-240bhp saab for dead on my private road confirms this :)

jordyboy004

Leon Cupra 1.8t 20v
Apr 4, 2008
Isle Of Wight
so is green softest and red hardest or the other way round. to me it makes sense that the more boost you got the harder the spring so green being soft. just want to confirm tho. only i have too silver springs, one soft and one hard. my boost gauge reads around 11 psi so out of the 2 springs i need the soft one.....right?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.