squeeky back door action ;)

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
hi all, recently my rear drivers side started squeeking and rattling a little, but seems to be getting a bit louder. Anyone had this problem and/or know of a fix. Just can seem to work it out and driving me mad. Cheers

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
What have you done so far to fix it?

It's probably just the plastic door card thats loose. Have you given it a little bang with your fist all the way around to make sure it's connect to the door ok?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Are you sure its the drivers door, there has been alot of cars where the back passenger seat latch was loose, I have insulation tape around my latch and that cured that

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
lol, yea ive checked the panel and no probs there. Its definately (but i will re-check the seat latch as my mate is on the daft side sometimes lol) the driver side back door (had one of my mates listening while i was driving down the road). Trying to speak to the previous owner to find out if the door has even been changed or the bolts been loosened and re tightened at some point but cant see any wear on the bolts.
Its one of them strange but annoying problems that seems worse when car is cold.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
I'd agree with brummy. Good lubrication of the back-door is key to success here.

p.s. if you ever fix this.. let me know. I've the same problem.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.