Stage 2 Custom map, whats required?

lfc4life786

Oct 2, 2009
Hiya guys, ive recently purchased an 03 Leon Cupra. Being 22, its a car im real fond of and have some big plans for. The whole remap scene though for me is a new one. Its been mapped already and is running at approx. 210bhp. Thats stage 1 out the way. Ive now got the finances ready to make a start on Stage 2 but i just needed some advice/ help on what exactly is required for a successful stage 2? So far this is what has been done, if i have missed anything out or need to get anything else done before getting that custom map done, please let me kno.

All boost hoses upgraded to their silicon upgrades
Forge 007p with Forge cold side relocation
Eurosport ITG induction kit with heat shield
Forge TIP on the way
FMIC on the way
Fully serviced last week

What else is required please guys? I kno theres quite a few things that need to be done, Top mounts maybe? bushes? Any other little things that need doing in order to hold the power?

Any help guys would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Wishing you all a very happy new year, hope 2010 is a prosperous one for you!

lfc4life786

Oct 2, 2009
Cheers mate, i was told that a full system is recommended but not a must? Either way im gona get one fitted with a sports cat. Ovbiously the restricition on a standard oem exhaust will hold it back but is a performance system a must?

lfc4life786

Oct 2, 2009
Hey guys, someone please advise & help me. Id be kinda lost without these forums and any input would be highly appreciated! Thanks.

buch bdm 400

Jul 4, 2009
looks like you got everything covered all you need now is an exhaust with downpipe and cat or decat

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Who's map is on the car now ?

Some mappers will ask for different thing's normally
FMIC
Full exhaust with De-cat or Sport's cat
4bar fuel pressure regulator (4bar FPR)

Uprated hoses will help the engine to hold the power.

What miliage is the car on ?

What turbo do you have ? K03 or K03s ?
They normally top out at about 230bhp (I think)

Personally I'd look at your brakes, tyres and suspenstion before going for more power.

lfc4life786

Oct 2, 2009
Who's map is on the car now ?

Some mappers will ask for different thing's normally
FMIC
Full exhaust with De-cat or Sport's cat
4bar fuel pressure regulator (4bar FPR)

Uprated hoses will help the engine to hold the power.

What miliage is the car on ?

What turbo do you have ? K03 or K03s ?
They normally top out at about 230bhp (I think)

Personally I'd look at your brakes, tyres and suspenstion before going for more power.

Hey buddy, thanks for that. Not too sure who stage 1 was done by. Guy i bought it off had it done somewhere local to him. He had it RR'd at 210bhp.
The cars on a 105k miles but the turbo was changed at 65,000 by the previous owners due to some funny noises. He spent 900 odd quid on a brand new KO3s and labour (cars running a dream may i add, full seat service history and 90% of those miles have been motorway miles). Ive heard u can get tops 240-250 bhp with an FMIC, custom map and exhaust, would do me if im being honest.
Ive had all my hoses upgraded and couple of days back fitted the 007p alongside the forge cold air relocation. Im waiting on a TIP, should have one very soon.
Could you please shed some more light on the 4bar FPR? 1st ive heard of it tbh, isit a must?
Also with regards to suspension, what would i need to look at? I dont intend to lower it in anyway as it just causes hassle, might change to some poly bushes but other than what might i look at with regards to suspension?
Also does anyone kno if its hard to fit an FMIC behind the standard bumper? Will i have to cut a lot off the inside of the bumper in order to get it to fit?

Thanks again dude!

lfc4life786

Oct 2, 2009
looks like you got everything covered all you need now is an exhaust with downpipe and cat or decat

Cheers mate, im gona save up for a Milltek, my mates got a full non res system on his Mk4 Golf and it sounds soo nice on idle, then wen he puts his foot down it just growls, proper beefy like. There obviously really pricey but i think i can get hold of one for cost price so fingers crossed!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
youll find a rear ARB will make the car more planted when cornering.

Exhaust, sports cat is a must for stage 2.. The downpipe and cat are very restrictive.

Mine made 240odd with jabbas stage 2 map . They didnt need a 4bar fpr but some mappers will so best to ring your chosen tuner and ask.

lfc4life786

Oct 2, 2009
youll find a rear ARB will make the car more planted when cornering.

Exhaust, sports cat is a must for stage 2.. The downpipe and cat are very restrictive.

Mine made 240odd with jabbas stage 2 map . They didnt need a 4bar fpr but some mappers will so best to ring your chosen tuner and ask.
Hey, thanks a lot buddy, much appreciated. Have you also had a front ARB put in? Im thinking of chucking in an S3 front ARB, what do you think?
Also what was Jabbas price for a stage 2 dude and did it only include the custom map?

brad1

A member on here i believe (kineticz) with fmic, full exhaust, TIP and KO3s made 241.5bhp going p-torque stage 2. But theres others like tris who are running jabba stage 2 and doing 242bhp etc. Stage 2 with full exhaust and fmic, you should see 230-240bhp, but make sure you have good breathing mods too, such a modded airbox or a air filter or your choice which isnt restrictive like the carbon BMC's ;)

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Hey, thanks a lot buddy, much appreciated. Have you also had a front ARB put in? Im thinking of chucking in an S3 front ARB, what do you think?
Also what was Jabbas price for a stage 2 dude and did it only include the custom map?

I cant remember the price its was 5 years ago... Give them a ring mate.
They advised me to have the zorst done so they could put the custom/stage 2 map.

Ive only got the rear ARB fitted, im lothed to tighten up the front as i like the cars balance, but many do the front too. Id try the rear first and see what you think of the handling.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Why do some mappers require a 4bar FPR but others don't? Are there any benefits/drawbacks to choosing a map that needs one or indeed fitting one at all?

All to do with how the mapper writes the code realy mate. Ita actualy better to have a code that uses the standard 3bar fpr as a 4bar fpr will put the fuel pump under more strain.

I'm running P-Torque stage 2 (mk4 ibiza cupra so still a k03s). It was originaly mapped with the standard exhaust on and made 229bhp and 225bhp on two different dyno's. I have now got a full Miltek system on and the last dyno run it made 237bhp and 267lb/ft.

No 4bar fpr needed for P-Torque. Highly recommended :)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Think its just a old way of doing things before mappers got smarter, Pat.

I'm sure Bill will add some input and tell us the real reason though.

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
Revo Stage 2 software

Required Hardware
* A 4 bar fuel pressure regulator
* A quality aftermarket performance exhaust system
* A good air intake induction system or filter

Optional Hardware
* A de-cat exhaust system for race or track use
* An aftermarket diverter valve
* Revo SPS 3

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.