Steering angle sensor part numbers - help!

MK8

Hi there, got a problem with differnt part numbers!

A garage is fitting a Steering Angle Sensor for me as its gone, but i have to provide the part!

My problem is that I phoned around a few places and i am getting different part numbers and prices. Is there anyway to confirm a part number??

Obviously, i dont want to buy the wrong part, and be lumbered with it!

I need a Steering Angle Sensor for a 2003 Seat Ibiza 1.4. One dealership gave me one, but another one and a Wayside parts centre gave me another which are the same, shall i just go for that one?!

So far ive got:
6Q2423291AD - from the dealership i bought my car off, and took it in for a proper quote
6Q0423445

Also any recomendations on where to buy parts? Or is it just dealerships etc..

MK8

Didnt think anyone would know. Can someone tell me if the old part has the part number on then? If get the garage to remove the old part, and then ill source the part then? Only way i can see to be sure.

2 Dealerships, one Seat, one SKoda have now given me a same part number, which there is one on ebay

sydoggkdy

Jan 23, 2008
Kirkcaldy!!
hey thought id ask, rather than start a new thread lol im in the same position as u were, need a new angle sensor, and don't knw the correct part number for the angle sensor i need.

do you know which one it was that you bought, and how much it set you back ?

cheers simon

MK8

Yeah i did buy it in the end!! And it was the right one. What ill have to do is dig out the paperwork, ill have a look around the house, and hopefully let you know. By the way, my steering sensor wasnt actually the problem in the end, complete waste of money for me.

MK8

Yeah thats exactly it! ONe is for ESP one isnt. Cant find my reciept mate! But somehow i have found my old sensor, on it says:

6Q0 423 445

My car is a September 2003, 1.4, S 3 Door Ibiza.

You can have my old sensor if you want? Its working apparently