Nov 15, 2021
Hello,

The aux port was broken on my stock radio so I got a replacement from a scrapped car. After installing it I’m asked to enter a code and right now it’s gone into safe mode as I entered the wrong code. Any idea how I can find out the code? Would the code be the same for all of the same car model?

Thanks,
Ryan

jamesyboyjim

Apr 13, 2016
What radio is it you have? If its the older ibiza with the red lcd screen, I thought if you left the ignition on for like 20 minutes that screen clears itself? Not sure where I read that!

Nov 15, 2021
It’s this one, ive also read that if i leave it for a while then it’ll come out of safe mode. I’m going to try that tomorrow. But I believe once it comes out of safe mode it’ll just ask me to enter the code again, so I’ll still need to know the code.
7879A38A-1165-4ACB-A760-73A64675DB27.jpeg

Nov 15, 2021
So I had a look today and the lock has cleared, but I still need the code.

anyone know my options for getting the code?

going to also try phoning a main dealer and my local garage tomorrow.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maybe now a bit late:-

Does this radio require the security code inputting, or is it an early example of one that has CP ie component protection, if it has CP, then that will mean that your local SEAT dealer or a properly kitted out VAG Indie will need to connect that car to SEAT mothership, and if that replacement radio has not been logged as being stolen, then it will be "converted" back to its virgin or new state and then get assigned to this car, that will get it working in this car. Either way, if it still needs its "security code" as in the past, handing it in and connecting to SEAT mothership will let them retrieve it for you - again only if it has not been logged as stolen.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise