Still Keep Loosing My Boost.

payno

Apr 18, 2007
Westmidlands.
I fitted a new ramair maxflow induction kit to my LCR after which i lost boost due to it killing off my MAF,changed MAF and was still loosing boost.
Did a ECU reset and can then ran fine all week until tonight when i went back to a 1.8 engine again.
Could this still be an N75 issue as well.
Im going to Blackpool tomorow and wanted the car car running right,may try another ECU reset in the morning.

payno

Apr 18, 2007
Westmidlands.
loosing boost after how long???
immediately or after a long hard drive?

Before it was intermitant then unplugged MAF and was better,replaced MAF and was the same,then did a ECU reset and car as been fine all week until tonight when it went limp again.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Before it was intermitant then unplugged MAF and was better,replaced MAF and was the same,then did a ECU reset and car as been fine all week until tonight when it went limp again.

did you do tb reset via vag?

payno

Apr 18, 2007
Westmidlands.
did you do tb reset via vag?

No,is this the only way to do it.
The n75 did show up on VAG com but was told by Will at p-torque it could be a faulty reading due to the maf being faulty,so when after ECU reset the car was running ok i thought job done but no.
Gonna do another reset in the morning as the last thing i want is an under powered car on a run to Blackpool.

andycupra

status subject to change
any lights on the dash? i presume not?

have you tried unplugging maf again?

how have you mounted the inducton kit? is there any damping or it it fixed ridgid?

but yes it could be the n75, bet to find a helpful member to try a swap or it can end up costing lots!

payno

Apr 18, 2007
Westmidlands.
any lights on the dash? i presume not?

have you tried unplugging maf again?

how have you mounted the inducton kit? is there any damping or it it fixed ridgid?

but yes it could be the n75, bet to find a helpful member to try a swap or it can end up costing lots!

How do you mean costing lots,in what way.

Cheers

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
How do you mean costing lots,in what way.

Cheers

In as much as you could spend out on the N75 and it not be that... so you then have to change the next part, which might not cure it either. This goes on until you've found the problem.

This is why I think everything VAG owner should have access to VAG-COM. A few simple diagnostics would answer your questions straight away.

andycupra

status subject to change
In as much as you could spend out on the N75 and it not be that... so you then have to change the next part, which might not cure it either. This goes on until you've found the problem.

This is why I think everything VAG owner should have access to VAG-COM. A few simple diagnostics would answer your questions straight away.

exactly. its educated guesswork really. i dont want to say, change maf, change N75, change change this etc etc..
one thing i have just thought of that cost nothing is give all the pipes a good check for splits or holes.
amazing how many issues have been caused due to pipes.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.