Stolen Cupra

Skyscraper120

Feb 13, 2019
We do a few jobs who have been broken into for cars. I’d recommend CCTV, steering locks, upgraded 3* locks (Ultion by Brisant) at a minimum for a little deterrant and upgraded doors if possible. They don’t like going through windows or breaking glass but its not to say they won’t.

We fit Rockdoors which are extremely secure and can have 4 hooks and Steel mesh which go through a one piece keep on the frame. Been to a job where they had two hooks and blokes tried to get in with sledgehammers and basically the door said ‘is that all you got?’

IL Cattivo

Apr 12, 2019
Oxford
We do a few jobs who have been broken into for cars. I’d recommend CCTV, steering locks, upgraded 3* locks (Ultion by Brisant) at a minimum for a little deterrant and upgraded doors if possible. They don’t like going through windows or breaking glass but its not to say they won’t.

We fit Rockdoors which are extremely secure and can have 4 hooks and Steel mesh which go through a one piece keep on the frame. Been to a job where they had two hooks and blokes tried to get in with sledgehammers and basically the door said ‘is that all you got?’

We had a RockDoor fitted to the front of the house soon after moving in... The Police hate them, cause they know trying to break them down with whatever tools at their disposal will be futile.

Reactions: kanyewest

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Do big dogs deter these type of guys?

Nope. My border collie used to pin the mailman to the wall if he walked up the driveway. I'll never know why, but he let burglars just take whatever they want. He was fine, but I'm sure they fed him or drugged him or something. But he didn't bark once.

Reactions: Kirky and kanyewest

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
We had an apartment in Venice that had a reinforced metal door with 4 long bolts on the opening side and two on the hinge side. It was like Fort Knox, you'd never smash it in without using a vehicle. It did make us wonder if we'd picked the right area to stay though.

Reactions: Kirky

Skyscraper120

Feb 13, 2019
Just spotted this on ebay, not saying it is stolen and could be a legit advert but just seems dodgy, why would someone be breaking a 2019 model, no pictures of the actual car and no feedback on the sellers page etc, not too far from where you are either,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leo...868553?hash=item3409a15989:g:4aUAAOSwBUtcyJXm

Definitely dodgy/stolen. Also the fact is if you ask for any parts to buy, they will know you have a Cupra and know your full details too...

Reactions: Ashley_ng

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Just spotted this on ebay, not saying it is stolen and could be a legit advert but just seems dodgy, why would someone be breaking a 2019 model, no pictures of the actual car and no feedback on the sellers page etc, not too far from where you are either,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leo...868553?hash=item3409a15989:g:4aUAAOSwBUtcyJXm

All parts available says to me it’s a stolen car... if was an insurance write off some of it would be unbreakable for reuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ashley_ng

ray

Jan 7, 2016
c93adb228575bfd693e0f198b4b6eb49.jpg

He’s also selling a bmw which says all parts available but has a pic of one with damage...

Definitely rings alarm bells, very low eBay rating and nothing else sold within the last year, I’d be buying something like the mats that you know possibly had some markings you would remember? So you get the address through PayPal and hand to the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise