strut brace fixing bolts

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Hi all, just a quick question, bought a upper strut brace the other day and it came with no fixing screws :(. Need to get some asap so anyone know the best place to get some and approx how long were ones that came with the brace normally. cheers all

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
is you mean the s3 one, it doesn't come with any.

i got some M8 bolts (number #416) from B&Q, some split washers and some nuts.

and a liberal coating of threadlock, too ;)

briggd01

May 30, 2007
Bracknell, Berks
This is why i asked the question as different people have different idea's on what strut brace to purchase.

The idea of a Forum is to seek advice from other members on their experience's

Please don't try and rebuff newbies on questions as what's the point of an interactive forum?

Might as well just post solutions with read only attributes!:confused:

I asked the question hoping for some insight!

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Yeh but he's said already it was the audi one, also in that post the other strut braces are there and there is also the search button, people are getting p'd off with the forum gettin used for the same questions over and over again!
its here to provide knowledge and soloutions to problems as well as to discuss views and points of products, but the simple fact is the answers to your questions are on the forum, all you have to do is look.

briggd01

May 30, 2007
Bracknell, Berks
Maybe there's been a development in new products since the last time this was discussed?

Yes i know it was about the A3 strut brace but people do chip in to say "Yeah i have a xxxx strut brace and i think it's better etc,...."

I can appreciate some of these questions have been asked before and yes i've used the search feature but the reason i've asked the question is was i havn't been satisfied or there's not enough information on the subject.

Is it worth having a poll on who's p'ed of with newbies asking the same old questions?

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
prob not, but trust me mate, its not just noobies, the old skool guys are just as bad if not worse! No ones jumpin down your neck cause your new, its just there is tones of resources, links, advice about products, think what the general rule is, is that if its not on here it ain't worth knowing!
Sorry if you feel hard done by mate - not personal!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
A search in the Leon mk1 Forum for 'Strut Brace Bolts' brings up 30 threads (well 31 including this one).

It's sometimes better to add a question to the end of the most appropriate thread rather than start another new thread.

If everyone fitting a brace started a new thread, there would be a hell of a lot more than 30 threads to look through, making it much harder for a genuine searcher to get the answer they want.

Ask away, by all means - but try to get the right place. :)

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
cheers for the info lads, im gonna grab the bolts later, not sure whether its gonna be 8's or 10's, il see. p.s. i can see both sides point of view in this little debate about people asking the same questions, and it will always happen aswell (i must av done it and prob will again at some point lol). I think that from now on anyone who asks a question that has been asked before should be shot at dawn lol (kidding, unless everyone agrees then im in :D)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise