strut braces fitted!

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
finally got the rear one done today!

02012009629.jpg

here's the front, along with my home-bodged induction kit thingy. I've retained the lower part of the airbox as it acts as a semi heatshield and also that warm air flap thing still does its job. seems to work well!

09012009637.jpg

surreyfull

Mar 3, 2008
Portsmouth
did you fit the rear one yourself? was it hard? i fitted the front one a few months ago but just havent got round to doing the back one yet!

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
i would have got body coloured ones but they didn't come in ginger! The rear one was a piece of cake to fit. Just had to cut off the tabs on either side and drill 2 holds each side. I drilled through the carpet to keep it looking fairly neat. Although the back seats will be out once i've made a lightweight false floor to keep the loud exhaust noise at bay!

surreyfull

Mar 3, 2008
Portsmouth
ah did you use the self-tapering screws? my rear one came with nuts and bolts so im going to have to take out the rear suspension to fit it properly.

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
it's like the ones supplied are made of plasticine! they just sheared the heads clen off with only 1 hand turning the ratchet! seemed to be the onlybad thing about em though mind. far more grip than my old 8v did and that had better tyres/wheel allignment ect!

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
finally got the rear one done today!

02012009629.jpg

here's the front, along with my home-bodged induction kit thingy. I've retained the lower part of the airbox as it acts as a semi heatshield and also that warm air flap thing still does its job. seems to work well!

09012009637.jpg

You do know that warm air flap pipe goes to nothin but a sealed box??? Doesn't direct air to the filter at all.

Unless you cut it and done from thing with it :confused:

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
didn't know that! It appeared to be some sort of arrangment to direct warm air from the manifold to warm the engine up a bit quicker. i'll just blank off the vacuum pipe to it if it does nothing then! the lower half of the airbox was used mainly to locate the air filter and also to provide a little heat sheilding (the filter sits quite low down in it)

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
no they're not. you'll need to drill a 6mm hole to fit them. then just buy some regular 6mm (m6) bolts from any hardware shop (B&Q ect) olong with m6 nyloc nuts or just regular nuts with shakeproof washers used. I can get a pic of what I used if you need? m8 are a bit bigger but do the same job really and need an 8mm hole

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise