Suspension for the nurburgring question

stevo lcr

Oct 29, 2007
Tividale
Ive just got back from a trip to the nurburgring in my lcr,and it was my first time out there with my own car and i managed to do 5 laps without mishap.Now im back home the next year mods list has started and at the top of the list is suspension,so can anyone recomend a good suspension set up for the ring??.Im impressed with the standard suspension but it was a bit soft and could maybe be a touch lower.I only saw 2 more lcr`s all weekend,so they seem to be a stealthy ring weapon!!,one was a red uk car but i didn`t see the driver to chat to.I did a 9.36 on my last lap in my stage 1 remap`d car!!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yopu have the option of uprating your front ARB, fitting a rear ARB and a front upper strutt brace. This will help alot. Add to this a good coilover/suspension package and you'll be mixing it with the Porsvhes on the corners if your brave

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Any pics of your car Stevo ? I wonder if I've got one of you on track (as I think I only saw 3 or 4 all weekend)

I was there Saturday/Sunday - red S2k with a massive GB sticker on the back

watermark.php

Last edited:

stevo lcr

Oct 29, 2007
Tividale
Oh,my budget is as cheap as i can get!,but i forgot to put that i need a compromise on suspension,as its my everyday car,and the splitter already catches on my drive so cant go much lower.I dont think it needs to go much stiffer,but less body roll would be nice..

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Oh,my budget is as cheap as i can get!,but i forgot to put that i need a compromise on suspension,as its my everyday car,and the splitter already catches on my drive so cant go much lower.I dont think it needs to go much stiffer,but less body roll would be nice..

Summed it up there nicely then

Decent, and uprated ARB's

New, possibly uprated dampers.

Moffat

Cupra R
Mar 29, 2009
Alnwick, Northumberland
i cant see your pic for some reason, but were you driving a grey one? As thats the only other UK LCR i saw. i was there in a red one from friday afternoon, till sunday. Had a small blue and yellow GB sticker on the lower left of the rear bumper and a ring sticker on the lower right. i ran a 9:19 on my second lap, then didnt really time them after that, but i do have a few videos of me and the lads i was with (a Black MK5 Golf TDi 4 motion, with GTI kit, and a black Skoda Fabia VRS) if you heppened to see us together. One is uploading now, and the rest i need to convert etc.

RingPic2.jpg

Last edited:

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Yeah I'd go for a set of uprated ARBs then, go for adjustable as well if possible so you can set them stiffer for the track.

Damian @ DPM Performance

stevo lcr

Oct 29, 2007
Tividale
Moffat,i drove past you on the sunday afternoon.I was going out on a lap,and you were just going in to the overflow (field) carpark.Mine is indeed the grey one!!!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Depends on a few things, driver, size of balls, traffic, car mods, tyres, brakes.
With a fully clear track, good knowledge of the track and the above mods I supposed it's possible.
We'll see next year:)

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
whats NFL?i presume you're not talking about american football :p

not 8 mins dead, like 8.32 or 8.48 etc

once i have my handling mods done i was hoping to hit the ring with a target of getting into the high 8s atleast lol,i think thats a bit ambitious from the times iv seen here!

stevo lcr

Oct 29, 2007
Tividale
Id be amazed if a standard one could dip under 9 mins,as my standard suspension and toyo T1 r`s were the limiting factor to a quicker lap.And more boost is always nice!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.