Suspension Issues - Tired of Harsh Ride

grasshopper

aarrhhhh so
Nov 11, 2003
North East Hants
Visit site
Toying with selling the LCR because it's coming up to the end of it's warranty period & think it's the right time.
Very impressed with the Golf GTI & RS32 with DSG boxes. What I noticed most was the improved ride & handling over the LCR.
If I keep the LCR I want to improve ride & handling.
The old girl seems to be rolling a little around country roads & shaking my bones even it she looks at a pot hole :doh:

Got the dog bone mount which helped a bit, but what would you guys suggest to improve ride characteristics?

Thanks.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
ARB's, Strut braces and coilovers will probably help a great deal, it is the one thing that lets the LCR down the handling but the GTI a mate of mine has and he prefers the LCR over it

chubbs

Nov 14, 2001
waterlooville
Visit site
i'm looking to change to coilover suspension but not sure which ones i thought about changing cars as well but there is nothing i like in my price range when i saw the lcr i thought i want that ! nothing aronud does that so i think i'll try and improve the r a bit till something comes along. Have you got the s3 strut brace that helps a bit i got a friend to make a rear brace as well which again was an improvement it helps with the roll but not with pot holes

Cuprabob

Feb 6, 2006
The only criticism of my LCR was the harsh ride about town. I made the step that you talk about, sold the LCR after 3.5 years and bought R32. Took 6 months to get R32 but the ride is much better however the car is totally different to the LCR, more refined, more of a high speed cruiser than a "hot hatch". V6 is awesome, handling and grip phenomenal and DSG is sublime, deceptively quick but i would say not as much fun as a LCR.

While waiting for the R32 I kept asking myself, am I doing the right thing. Should I just spend some money on the LCR. For me I did the right thing but the price differential between a LCR and R32 is substantial, especially if you want DSG, toys etc.

I also drove the GTI and I liked it, but to me, it felt too similar to LCR and I wanted a V6, which keeps my local Shell garage happy also :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.