Suspension which would you have ?

Caffienated

Dec 2, 2009
Bristol
coil is the best.

TBH, that's something I'm hearing more and more. If the car sits right and corners properly, I'm actually not bothered if it's adjustable or not, either.

As it happens, I've been shafted over the FK's, and there's no way I'm waiting weeks for some more to arrive in the country. I particularly don't appreciate the web store having taken my money a couple of days before someone calling me to let me know. :censored:

So, with a budget of about £350 I've narrowed it down to Koni Str-T (following m0rk and Saul's advice to just get the 2.0 kit and ignore the name - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93142)
Konis would prolly come straight from Koni for £348+10del and next day if ordered by 1pm.

OR Weitec UltraGT http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/126818/seat/weitec-ultra-gt-suspension-kits/wi23281019.html#top

OR maybe Spax PSX http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a=i&p=SPX60TAP468&part=Seat-Ibiza-Mk2-Cupra-1-2-2-0-16v-Spax-Adjustable-Suspension-Kit-PSX-

Have briefly considered replacing SSK fronts and worrying about the entire rear end of the car and the tired springs later, but at £150 a pop that makes it almost as expensive as the entire STR-T kit. I'm only really using the car fast road and b-road. And the SSk's are on their minimum setting, and to my knowledge always have been, which makes adjustability an expensive luxury.

Obviously that kinda means I should consider spending even less on the Spax VSX!

Comments and flames welcomed... :headhurt:

Comments welcomed!

Caffienated

Dec 2, 2009
Bristol
hmm, considered the billies already, and decided against as euro didn't have springs in stock, and fronts were 75ea iirc. Think rears weren't even listed. At the time I was trying to put a solution together asap, so figured if i was around 300 already, i should look at more performance kit.

Don't think it would be a good idea to use my current springs with std struts... They're too short, apart from being well old.

Hadn't thought about getting springs straight from koni for it though. Basically as soon as i started looking at kits i stopped looking at components...

I'd just decided to order the str.t's as soon as i get the cash back from the first 'supplier', if you can call a company that take money for things they don't have such a thing.

Since i need a proper pooter not my phone to do that, it wouldn't happen til later, so will take a peep at yr suggestion, but tbh, i think it's koni's. Basically same drop as the ssk's i have, and apparently the same damp rate as mine are set at, so it's a setup i'm happy with.

If you're still interested in my old kit, i'll pm you later... It'll be very very cheap... :)

Caffienated

Dec 2, 2009
Bristol
europerformance, who were the original supplier i was grousing about earlier...

Basically, called to get my money back, and told the sales guy what i was getting instead. All credit, he tried to turn it into an upgrade of my existing order, but obviously their list is more than potn's. So, i quoted potn's price and asked if they'd match it, and they did... But either forgot delivery or decided to bung me a tenner. Either way, the nice fedex man is bringing me a big box of shinies in the morning, and i'm not upset with them anymore...

^_^

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.