SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Have anyone heard of software updates for the MIB2 (MY16?) Infotainment system? I find bugs almost daily so it would be nice. I found this on a VW forum and I suppose it's more or less the same system?:

j6q5ts.jpg

Reactions: Alex1888

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
If all that happens on one device then it deserves to be replaced and put out of its misery.

Usa may be sourced from oem different to EU

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
You bought what? :confused:

I asked my dealer for any sw updates to the car since the first service will be in 1.5 years, but no - they only take in the car if it has a proper fault. Regarding the stereo problems it's so intermittent that it's hard to reproduce.

Vanery

Mar 11, 2014
Turkey
You bought what? :confused:

I asked my dealer for any sw updates to the car since the first service will be in 1.5 years, but no - they only take in the car if it has a proper fault. Regarding the stereo problems it's so intermittent that it's hard to reproduce.

I repaired stereo problems. I have bluetooth and navigation activation problem. I bought an update for it. I hope this update will solve the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
What can be done via this menu? Diagnosis only?

You can change or set some settings which you can do via vcds, see deeper and detailed system information, make hard and soft reset, enable/disable menu items etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
One day I have problem with CarPlay, another day it's the bluetooth or something else. When complaining to my stealer and asking if there is any sw update available they cannot answer and I get a workshop booking 3 weeks later, with them saying that if they don't see any problem I have to pay for an hour or two. [:@] No premium feeling for buying the most exclusive SEAT out there.

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
One day I have problem with CarPlay, another day it's the bluetooth or something else. When complaining to my stealer and asking if there is any sw update available they cannot answer and I get a workshop booking 3 weeks later, with them saying that if they don't see any problem I have to pay for an hour or two. [:@] No premium feeling for buying the most exclusive SEAT out there.

What's the CarPlay problem?