tdi boost gauge

wrc

May 1, 2005
TAMWORTH
just had email to say my ACT ADAPTOR is on its way to me.

can;t wait now to get it & fit the thing.:)

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I wouldn't be without one now - I get clues about the car's engine before I even hear / feel them - such as wobbling boost pressures due to low revs, etc - and wobbly boost at the top end too.

And it would appear that the new LPG kit uses boost to regulate the lpg injection, so having a boost line already in eases the amount of work needed to install.

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
Can you guys post some pics of your gauges and pods please ;)

Do you have the Nomad A Pillar double pod or are they just the custom stick on jobbies?

Triple D

Fez boy said:
Can you guys post some pics of your gauges and pods please ;)

Do you have the Nomad A Pillar double pod or are they just the custom stick on jobbies?
100_1491.jpg

there you go mate ;)

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
Thanks Spaniels ;)

Looks very good in there :)

I am not sure about something like that or just going for the double A pillar from Nomad(£48)

BTW I have just seen your signature :doh: :cry:

Was that the VT2 turbo?

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Mine's only in here temporarily until I can find something suitable from Demon Tweeks to stick on the dash.... Works OK there though and points the right way. I had two broken slats on that side which is why I removed and thought, "that would be a good spot for the boost guage :D"

DSCN9354.JPG

DSCN9355.JPG

Triple D

Fez boy said:
Thanks Spaniels ;)

Looks very good in there :)

I am not sure about something like that or just going for the double A pillar from Nomad(£48)

BTW I have just seen your signature :doh: :cry:

Was that the VT2 turbo?
Yep, the second VT2 turbo to let go :(

Triple D

Fez boy said:
:-o :wtf:

I think I'll take my car to Santa Pod and see what it can do as it now.

I was thinking of a turbo upgrade but not so sure now :whistle:

Gutted for you :cry:
Nah, apparently these turbo's never usually have any trouble, and allards have a very good reputation. I cant fault them for there customer services really as they have been really good about it, both times. The last time it happened, i limped it down there (about 80 miles) even though they told me they couldnt do it, as they had 2 race cars in, i turned up and they dropped everything and got it sorted for me the same day.
But will keep you updated next week, when it gets sorted.

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
spaniels fr said:
. I cant fault them for there customer services really as they have been really good about it, both times. The last time it happened, i limped it down there (about 80 miles) even though they told me they couldnt do it, as they had 2 race cars in, i turned up and they dropped everything and got it sorted for me the same day.
But will keep you updated next week, when it gets sorted.

That's good to hear :)

I hope it's all sorted soon for you ;)

I am looking forward to seeing you back at Santa Pod soon!

Triple D

Fez boy said:
That's good to hear :)

I hope it's all sorted soon for you ;)

I am looking forward to seeing you back at Santa Pod soon!
Yep, me too, i want to see if i can beat that 14.6 without the headwind, as that was the killer that time.Low 14's i would think, hopefully a 14.1. We shall see though.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
DSC00187.jpg

Got mine in the hole where the cup holder was, all smoothed in to look as OEM as i can... its a Defi BF gauge by the way in amber/red

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Cheers mate...

i was going to get a Normad pillar mount till i drove my mates Bora with his pillar and well it scared me how much visablity he had lost on that side, i mean driving up to mini round abouts with ur right hand side blind, bopping ur head back and forth around it to see... it was enough to put me off. so thought custom is the only way...
Pete from Ice Cavern put his in door mirror plate , also customed...

I think without losing visibilty custom is the only way... heard that u can get a Golf vent gauge that replaces the single vent above the head light switch in a Leon... maybe thats an idea...??

wrc

May 1, 2005
TAMWORTH
SORRY IT HAS TAKEN A LONG TIME TO ANSWER IN MY OWN THREAD.
here are some pics of mine.
67bc766b.jpg

DSCN0896.jpg

hope you like, sorry about the flash.:)

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
thats the same gauge iv got, apart from my boost is 270 degrees around,

Can i ask what wires you tapped into for the lighting and ignition?

cheers mate

wrc

May 1, 2005
TAMWORTH
i didn,t do it m8, but as from watching, as the lights come on when the key is in, but no lights on, they tapped into that wire.
so when no key in the whole of the gauge go's black, when key in, it lights up & stays lit when you put lights on aswell.:)

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Its the headlight sidelight switch wiring on mine. The one that comes live when the switch is on position, regardless of key position. Its earthed somewhere in the fuse box area, in an existing earthing position.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members