TDI Engine cover

SiRed

Can anyone tell me if the Ibiza TDI orginally came with an engine cover, If so do you have a pic and/or know where i can get one?

SiRed

its another thing missing on my new car, think the seat dealer i went to is crap. They left the wheel nuts loose on passanger side when i picked the car up, then found the locker for the wheel nuts is wrong, and it dont have an engine cover.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i've never seen a new mk4 come out of the showroom without one tbh...my mum bought a 1.2sx back in 2002 when the mk4 was first released and had one with 1.2 on it

Deleted member 13581

Probably not. Mine didnt and they are about £60 or that from the stealers.

Look out in the for sale section or ebay.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
i've never seen a new mk4 come out of the showroom without one tbh...my mum bought a 1.2sx back in 2002 when the mk4 was first released and had one with 1.2 on it

My father's 08 Freerider came out of the showroom without one - all the 1.2 definitely of that generation came without one. His previous 03 model did have one though

To the OP - my 06 TDI Sport came without an engine cover too - I'm guessing yours is a facelift model - mine was.

My pre-facelift 06 FR did have the cover though

Aimez

This is the same as the boot light and battery cover and various other bits posts it must be chassis dependant. I got an engine cover and battery cover no boot light so had to stick some push LED in their as I live in the sticks and it is pitch black still very irritating thou!

Last edited:

Bean

Torque Junkie... Gimme mo
May 4, 2009
Portsmouth
This sit he same as the boot light and battery cover and various other bits posts it must be chassis dependant. I got an engine cover and battery cover no boot light so had to stick some push LED in their as I live in the sticks and it is pitch black still very irritating thou!

Mine came with the boot light, but no battery or engine cover.

That said though the boot light wasn't connected as it had been put in the wrong way around :confused:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.