Temp light flashing and beeping

leegt5

May 17, 2006
Had this happen this morning when the car was showing 0 degrees !! Is this the coolant bottle sensor or the coolant temp sensor as Ive already replaced the later only a few months ago to the green one !!

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Hey Mate
Think you may find it will be the first one.
I think this is the 4th one i have answered in the past 2 days and 2 phone calls about it in the same 2 days
Sarah

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
I thought there was only one temp sensor. I was getting temp sensor error coming up on VAG COM. I have changed the coolant temp switch but as for the one on the bottle, is that another small switch or replacing the bottle?

cheers

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
mine beeps quite often too.. especially when its cold..

Even though its always above the minimum i just put a bit more water in and that normally sorts it!!

Was the same last year :blink:

leegt5

May 17, 2006
just checked the level first and top it up, if no difference you will probably need a replacement

Coolant temp sensor on left of engine or Bottle with level sensor ?? I replaced the coolant temp sensor a few months ago to the green one so is it more than likely this is the bottle one ?

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
The bottle IIRC is only £10.0 - £15.00 ish
So not THAT much
Common to go down and this weather will bring out the worst in that little problem
Sarah

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
Ive been having problem with limp mode due to overboosting - the temp switch was flagged up so changed it but no change. So might need to change bottle aswell but seeing some1 on sat to clear error codes - Is there anyone here from east london or near abouts who can clear the codes for me,,,getting charged £40 for diagnostics.

cheers

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
for 40quid u could drive quite abit to get to someone else with vagcom to have alook for you! though u risk having an internet mechanic look at your car if you dont know if they really know what they are talking about

Leegt, its quite possible, these sensors are a real pain in the ass, but i cant guarentee that will sort it. but if it aint then its probably the other which u say u already changed meaning atleast that'll be warrenteed :D

leegt5

May 17, 2006
Yeah I checked mine earlier with Vagcom and the was no fault codes !! Unplugged it and replugged it this afternoon not that will probably make much difference and we'll see if it comes on again tommorrow morning !!

LEE

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.