Temperature dial problems on leon cupra r

sav_lcr

hey all,
I've only just purchased my cupra r and since i did i noticed the temperature guage wasn't right, i had a new temp sender moldule and it seemed to sort it out for a couple of days but its still not right.
The car will warm up if sat still and the fan kicks in etc but as soon as your moving the temp guage goes down till its reading stone cold, as soon as i'm still again its goes back up to normal. But whilst on the move its always cold and think that then affects the boost??
Is this is a faulty temp sender or maybe some sort of other problem,
any helps much appreciated

sav_lcr

Sounds like your thermostat is dead, its a very expensive part to buy so save long and hard for the £4-£7 you'll be needing!

cheers mate, didnt think it would summat so obvious, is it this thats causin the boost problems then? it doesn't hold full boost so i'm assuming its thinking its cold??
thanks

sav_lcr

I'm not too sure about the boost issues, someone with more knowledge will be able to tell you but you should see your MPG get better also the thermostat is a bugger to get to, heres a link to a guide on how to do it obviously your inlet manifold is the opposite way round but I'm sure its all the same underneathhttp://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?p=16925102

cheers mate, its going to a mate next week when i'm on my holidays so will get him to fit it, it needs a few small bits doing already so will add it to the list and he's going to look into the boost issues for me aswell
It has been drinking fuel though but it is re-mapped etc so i dont really no what should mpg i should be getting?
thanks

Gezz

Nov 12, 2006
Manchester
Don't know if the thermostat is different on the R but it was less than £200 all in parts and labour for a new thermostat on my Cupra 1.8T last year.

antsdd

mine used to do this and i replaced the green temp sender and it cured it

antsdd

the heaters go cold so im guessin it might be the thermostat if not ill try this, thanks :D

i replaced my therostat its a bit of a pain with the alternator in the way but i used a bendy extension and managed ok so if your ok with getting your hands dirty then you could save money

sav_lcr

i replaced my therostat its a bit of a pain with the alternator in the way but i used a bendy extension and managed ok so if your ok with getting your hands dirty then you could save money

i dont mind getting my hands dirty :D i work in a ford bodyshop, but its allready booked in and the guy who's doin it so if its a fiddly job ill let him have ago :whistle: he prob wont b impressed when come back from my hols lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise