The black beast

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Well like the title says this is my first car I am 17 its only the 1.4 16v model but obviously due to insurance prices this is the biggest engine i could get.
Soo the real question is what do you guys think??
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

maxjlone

It's not cheap learning to drive, and that first car isn't going to cost peanuts either - but have you thought beyond that? It's important not to forget your car insurance when you're budgeting for your first set of wheels, but uSwitch is here to help.
Car insurers charge higher premiums for certain drivers because they calculate that they are more likely to make claims. The more claims a person makes, the more they cost the car insurance company - and insurers don't like that.
Statistically younger drivers make more claims because they are less experienced, and so have more accidents. Also new drivers won't have a no claims bonus, and so they don't even have a way of securing a discount.

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
yeh I took into consideration costs on the car other than the price of the car its not too terrible really as im a technician i do all the work myslef did cambelt on it bout a month ago and insurance is £1600 fully comp with churchill :) so its not terrible really

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
yeh I took into consideration costs on the car other than the price of the car its not too terrible really as im a technician i do all the work myslef did cambelt on it bout a month ago and insurance is £1600 fully comp with churchill :) so its not terrible really

same first car that I had :coolthumb any plans for it?

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
same first car that I had :coolthumb any plans for it?

Well so far I have the honeycomb upper centre grill with the chrome surround kit which looks rather nice on the black car next visual mod will most likely be the wheels as it has steelies on it at the moment which im not a fan off. Then I will probably go for handling modifications as I knwo theres not alot really to make it go any quicker other than weight saving but im not into having a car with all the bits ripped out, so the way I look at it i may aswell use the power I have to go round bends a bit quicker. Otherwise was going to go fr cupra front and rear bumpers at some point but looking at price wont be till i have a good few hundred sitting about. :D

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Well so far I have the honeycomb upper centre grill with the chrome surround kit which looks rather nice on the black car next visual mod will most likely be the wheels as it has steelies on it at the moment which im not a fan off. Then I will probably go for handling modifications as I knwo theres not alot really to make it go any quicker other than weight saving but im not into having a car with all the bits ripped out, so the way I look at it i may aswell use the power I have to go round bends a bit quicker. Otherwise was going to go fr cupra front and rear bumpers at some point but looking at price wont be till i have a good few hundred sitting about. :D

Sounds good, I put uprated shocks and springs on mine which made an impressive difference; and also a set of 16" cupra multispoke alloys which are still in my shed! They aren't that slow anyway, still quick enough to have a lot of fun; you've just got to learn not to slow down once you have built up pace! :cartman:

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Well few little mods done to the car now heres some pics
got my sound system in now have kept it subtle (no 12" subs in the boot) but its still sounds the nuts as I have changed all the door speakers, nice bass sound in the car now plus having the dvd player comes in handy when you waiting around for someone
090525131653.jpg

Got my wheels for it now although havent put them on yet as want to get a few weeks driving experience after i pass so I dont kerb them, decided to go for 17's so they fill the arches a bit more
090515135529drq.jpg

After getting quoted about £120 for a cupra gearknob and gaitor I decided to get the cheapscate one from ebay and kept the old knob doesnt look to bad in my opinion and goes with the mats
090525133751.jpg

Got bored with the massive blank space ontop of the airbox so decided a nice big vinyl was needed
090525144548.jpg

and finally got the etched seatcupra.net stickers for the rear windows just adds that subtle touch
090525144605.jpg

:)

Last edited:

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Couple more additions nothing major

Red interior lights just for now have plans for a W8 interior light
090528220408.jpg

Got bored with having no exhaust showing so cut out the bumper and put a trim on it nothing to big but gives that extra touch without the chavish roar
090530183035.jpg

Found that noone makes any coloured piping for the 1.4 so decided to pick up some coloured ducting to smarten up the engine bay what do you think??
090606141058.jpg

*Lou*

Princess Lou Lou
Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh
www.bebo.com
Red interior lights just for now have plans for a W8 interior light
090528220408.jpg

Got bored with having no exhaust showing so cut out the bumper and put a trim on it nothing to big but gives that extra touch without the chavish roar
090530183035.jpg

Found that noone makes any coloured piping for the 1.4 so decided to pick up some coloured ducting to smarten up the engine bay what do you think??
090606141058.jpg

Ive done this on my ibiza. But then its a red car so kinda goes. And its decent for a first car. I had an 02 plate 1.4 SRi Corsa C for my first car. Oh I miss it soooo :cry:

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Right well havent had an update on this for a while now so thought I'd take some new pics after a good clean up and a few extras.
First of all after saying I wasnt getting a sub I got offered one for £20 so I thought what the heck may aswell try it.
100117141810.jpg

Next up probably not staying in the car but just giving it a try for now
snooper gps radar, laser and camera detection system
100117141836.jpg

after a polish heres a few pictures of it lowered 35mm and the brakes painted aswell
100115141735.jpg

100115141707.jpg

100115141707.jpg

100115141632.jpg

100115141641.jpg

hope you enjoy Im loving it as my first car :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.