The Bushes again!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Re part numbers, 6Q0 is okay as its all models Skoda+VW+Seat except Cupra as its specific bits are 6LL.

I'd reckon that that car has "touched" a kerb at some time, in that situation, having the Cupra bushes fitted would have made the out come worse than normal - but that in no way means that Cupra bushes are "bad" - it would need to be very a slight "touch" to avoid any damage - and we don't mean to "touch" kerbs!

I'd also think that with VAG that the "part" would be assigned a price regardless of which marque it was being supplied for. I seem to remember stories going around in the past concerning Renault where an oil change in a "5" cost less than one in a "9" which cost less than on a "11" - even when they all had the same engine!

Last edited:

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
Bit of an expense by the sounds of things then.

I've fitted cupra bushes & new front coil spings & my car sounds good for now... :)

Just a sound coming from the rear now! haha

Its quite labour intensive doing the front suspension yourself I must admit. I just did it all myself as I didn't fancy paying out the extra. Also unbolting the subframe & putting the steering rack bolt holes out of alignment didn't help things. But I battled on & completed the job. :)

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
I replaced all my bushes with solid powerflex bushes, however using cupra solid lower bushes as they where cheaper and better quality. I also fitted a VRS arb and FK Coilovers, shorted drop links, Rear ARB and New top mounts.

I fitted them myself so any info you require just give me a shout. The VRS arb isnt worth it, make sure you replace the ARB Bush clamps with the metal clamps as they break or loosen and cause the bushes to have some movment which when damp causes squeeking over bumps. This can be cured with some slip or greese and some new clamps but much easier to do in a oner.

If you want to do it yourself the struts are a piece of pi**, the bushes are probably the most difficult as they require some force top push in and the subframe dropping to do it properly.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
The VRS arb isnt worth it, make sure you replace the ARB Bush clamps with the metal clamps as they break or loosen and cause the bushes to have some movment which when damp causes squeeking over bumps.

Any chance you have a part number for the metal clamps ?

I thought it was a plastic or metal sleeve on the ARB that caused the problem !!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I havent seen anything other than metal arb clamps on the Ibiza/Fabia/Polo

It is the plastic collars fixed to the bar that give the issue.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Really yeah, seen people welding washers on etc but really not worth the effort imho

Thats a pitty.

Not long ago had all the geometry adjusted and corrected ( 0.5deg camber )

MOT guy said to keep an eye on my ARB cos the plastic bits (his words) were looking past their best. I asked if he meant the bushes and he said no.

Car drives really nice at the moment so I didn't want to drop the subframe for the ARB then need to have it all set up again.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
I have the number for the clamps will just hunt them out. They are always metal clamps correct but the plastic collars on the other clamps break allowing more free play

oma

I need to replace nearside and offside front suspension arm rubber bushes which have deteriorated. Is it possible to do it yourself and any tools which I can hire to make this as simple as possible.

"Guinness"
I replaced all my bushes with solid powerflex bushes, however using cupra solid lower bushes as they where cheaper and better quality. I also fitted a VRS arb and FK Coilovers, shorted drop links, Rear ARB and New top mounts.

I fitted them myself so any info you require just give me a shout. The VRS arb isnt worth it, make sure you replace the ARB Bush clamps with the metal clamps as they break or loosen and cause the bushes to have some movment which when damp causes squeeking over bumps. This can be cured with some slip or greese and some new clamps but much easier to do in a oner.

If you want to do it yourself the struts are a piece of pi**, the bushes are probably the most difficult as they require some force top push in and the subframe dropping to do it properly.

Any information you can pass to me how to go about fitting this.

I have had a quote for fitting the bushes which came to £230.

oma

Rather have a special tool to insert the bushes, is it possible to use g-clamps and apply the pressure to insert the Cupra console bushes into the console.

oma

Thanks for the information.

The link you supplied for briskoda is very good.

pj51182

Powerflex

I'm getting Powerflex (PFF85-602) Front Wishbone Rear Bushes fitted to my Ibiza. I'm sick of getting the crap Seat branded parts fitted and them failing on a regular basis! Fingers crossed they live up to what I have read about them!

I dont see why parts like these are not fitted as standard? It's such a common problem and its only now after having to have mine done 3 times in 5 years (once under warranty just after I bought the car) that I have found out about the alternative.

I'm getting a garage to fit them and hopefully this will be the end of it...finally!:D

abzx

I had the PRI polyurethane bushes on my Polo last year, fantastic and no vibration or bad ride.

The console bushes work like bearings. Company called PRI Racing

Will be sorting a set of these out for my new Ibiza soon.

pj51182

I'll post back once their fitted and give an update on how I get on with them.

Sounds promising though :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.