The LCR is going, to be replaced by......

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
Nice and no doubt a great drivers car but would have kept the LCR myself, still your going to have loads of fun on the B roads!

keithrann

Uber
Oct 5, 2005
Roughly between 4 - 7k rpm!
At least you know you'll be able to rape most cars down any B road. Couple of engine tweaks and you'll be well on your way to keeping up with the best on straight lines!

My mate has a 172cup and its almost impossible to get past him unless there is a massive straight. They suprise most people.

Good purchase, well done!

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
good deal there m8, my m8 has a red trophy wit filter an full system sounds the nuts, just make sure u keep ya eye on suspension as it has the £5k kit on thrphys and the cost loads if they have problems

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Nice motor, does it have the nice leather buckets seats as well? Theres allot of car there for your money. Not sure what they strip out the trophy but i know the normal ones had more kit than the LCR!

Shift light, leathers etc

V5Ade

I love my LCR!
Aug 26, 2004
Guildford
Superb car! I would love a Trophy, but it's a bit too small for a family :-(
There's not much that will stay with you down a twisty road.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
I think people look at how old clios used to be. I had my old phase 2 +2 for 2 years and i never had a single issue with build quality, in fact ive had more issues with the leon than the clio, but the suspension was alot more soft on the clio etc.

You will have to get some pics up when you pick her up

psq43

Wibbly Wobbly
Feb 1, 2005
Wiltshire
RickC said:
13 k :-o why didnt you buy an evo or similar?

Possibly because within the next two minutes, every second house in europe will have an EVO or Sooob in the drive! Those who do not wear burbury hats will opt for the BMW 3 series, tube of super glue and a haynes manual instead!

LOL

chiefsilverback

Terrible thing a poo poo!
Mar 21, 2005
RTW, Kent
RickC said:
13 k :-o why didnt you buy an evo or similar?

An Evo/Scooby is on the list, but it will be a IX FQ340 or Litchfield Type 22....

No matter what you read, the Clio Trophy is universally accepted as one of the best cars you can buy, in terms of sheer dynamic performance....

"The most fun you can have on three wheels..." - evo
"World's greatest hot hatch" - Autocar
"Best hot hatch ever" - evo
"It seems to go round any corner at whatever speed takes your fancy." - Clarkson (http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1857815_1,00.html)

Combine that with the p/x I got and you can't really go wrong!!! :D

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
hey dont get me wrong i love them and still want a williams after owning the 1.8, it was great fun and handled superbly, so the newer one can only be better, i just thought its alot of cash,

dont you ?

chiefsilverback

Mar 21, 2005
RTW, Kent
They were £15,500 new and my one was registered on September 22nd 2005, so I don't think £13,000 is too bad, especially as I got £14,000 for my LCR!!! :D

chiefsilverback

Mar 21, 2005
RTW, Kent
I will be on Friday when I collect it...

I haven't told my girlfriend yet, I'm just going to turn up on Friday in a different car..... :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.