THS hoses / Gauges fitted

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Well the THS hoses come on Thursday, water, boost and Tip, then the wife said she was going to take my son to see his gran for the week end did i want to come, well the cars going to have its MOT on Friday so i had better give the car a once over i said ;)
All week end to spend working on the car :funk:
I also finished the gauge pod i was working on so i put that in as well.

3206803958_010f9d0109_b.jpg

3206803314_fb2a7fbb76_b.jpg

I am really please with it.

Then i did the hoses, the water ones first they are a PITA to be honest, i need a skin graft on my knuckles now, but it was worth it, really easy to drain the system to with the little tap at the bottom of the rad.
The intercooler hoses where a bit of a problem especially the one from the inlet manifold to the right hand side inter cooler its a bit to long, but a bit of work with the hack saw and bobs your uncle ( used on the stupid plastic pipe not the nice new one).
The Tip was easier than i was expecting and went in a treat.
The quality of the pipes is excellent, and the intercooler hoses and the tip will never collapse thanks to the reinforcing wire inside them.
While i was at it i painted the cam cover and boost pipe thought i would go for the mat black and red look, pleased with this as well.
I went for a small test drive after, the DV noise is about 5 times as loud as it the induction :D i like it so not a problem, it also seemed a bit quicker but this is probably my imagination.
So all together a good weekends work and very happy with the THS pipes.
Here are some pics.
3205961605_5c089629eb_b.jpg

3206805424_91035a178b_b.jpg

3205958979_ab00176ab1_b.jpg

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
really good work there phil you worked hard and well done

looks like my engine bay aswell red hoses :D :D

what is the stuff coming from the top breather pipe ??

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
damn, that's a real nice engine bay mate, love them dials as well, did you custom make the holder in the air vents?

Aug 24, 2007
Very nice Phil :)

I couldn't get access to the oe tip securing bolt ,from above, so gave up until the ground is dryer :doh: Should've jacked the car up to start with.

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
looks good mate, ive fitted mine, my right hand boost pipe was a pig, not fitting correct so ive emailed them about it.
pics in the link of my sig.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Very nice Phil :)

I couldn't get access to the oe tip securing bolt ,from above, so gave up until the ground is dryer :doh: Should've jacked the car up to start with.

If you undo the mounting bolt for the gear linkage you can get to it, its a hex bolt the same size as the ones on top of the cam cover (that holds the little black plastic thing)
i thought about going from underneth but i think the subframe is in the way.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
looks good mate, ive fitted mine, my right hand boost pipe was a pig, not fitting correct so ive emailed them about it.
pics in the link of my sig.

Yeah same here, i modded the plastic pipe with the sensor in it ( i cut the mounting bracket thing off, its not going to move any way.), i might get the forge replacement one its onle £25 or so.

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
Yeah same here, i modded the plastic pipe with the sensor in it ( i cut the mounting bracket thing off, its not going to move any way.), i might get the forge replacement one its onle £25 or so.
ca you pm me details of what you did mate, ill give it a go,

cheers

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
no, i emailed but no reply, i fould the eayest way to fit it was to unbolt the throttle body and connect the pipe, putting the old and new pipes next to each other shows the end connecting to the throttle body needs to angle down a bit,
ive fitted it but will fit better once a fit a custom front mount.