Time Off for footy/golf and Car Care

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
Hi All,
I'm having some time off soon as mentioned above and am planning to tidy the car back up. (and watch lots of footy) :D

I have read the washing/polishing tips and am looking to get a polish that I can apply easily every 6-12 months that will last a year and protect my car whilst leaving a cracking finish.

I always used to use products such as 2001 or colour wax with previous cars, where you had a semi-hard block and an application pad.

Does anybody know what would be good for my red paintwork without to much hassle/work? (i'm in my 30's)

Additionally, I have just found 3 small stone chips that I would like to take car of in an equally easy manner, are the paint pens from SEAT any good?:confused:

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
I have just used Car Lack (Klasse AIO) for the first time on the car and the results are mighty impressive. Go to Car Sparkles web site for more info.

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Mr Cellotape said:
I have read the washing/polishing tips and am looking to get a polish that I can apply easily every 6-12 months that will last a year and protect my car whilst leaving a cracking finish.

its not a polish that protects your paintwork, its a sealant. ;)

The polish is there to either correct defects (it contains abrasives) or to add depth and shine (no abrasives in it, and it is pretty oily). You then use selant over this to lock in that shine and appearance and protect it from the weather, traffic film, sun etc etc. :D

If you want something pretty easy to use then you need a one step product/paint cleanser which doesn't contain any wax so you can drop a sealant on top of it.

Try Meguiars Deep Crystal stage one paint cleaner, and then top that with some like Wolfgang Hi Gloss Sealant.

trying to achieve what you ask in one stage is nee impossible, as only a specific selant could last that long, and needs to be applied separately. A mixed product would not do that.

Hope that helps?

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
Thanks for that!

I have now given the car 4 hours of TLC inside and out.

I used:-

Turtle Wax, Extreme Car Wash with the 2 bucket method.
Wonder Wheels on the allys.
Megs Deep Crystal Canuba wax. (cause everyone says it's great and I now agree).
Simoniz Glass Cleaner, (inside and out).
Megs Gold Class endurance high gloss. (on the wheels, 2 coats, sparkling!)
and finally Mr Sheen to remove soom dust off the dash and plastic bits by the parcel shelf.

I was only gonna wash it, but got carried away in Halfords and just had to use everything I found.