Time to say "Good-bye"

Oscar

Well I've had to sell the LCR I have loved for the last two years. We're having a baby later this year and I need the capital so have seriously downgraded to a very boring Honda saloon and put £8k in the bank for baby stuff/ maternity leave etc.

It's been great reading the forums and have good memories of the BTCC trip to Donnington last year. I'd never travelled in a 40 car Cupra convoy before and the reactions form other drivers on the M1 is something I won't forget.

I did try to sell privately but no joy. Just a quick warning to those of you in the South. A guy called Ian from Milton Keynes contacted me to buy the car. He really messed me about - didn't turn up, did turn up, wanted to buy & fixed a price, didn't turn up with the cash etc. etc.

I got cold feet in the end and called off the deal. He told me he'd looked at several Cupra R's from Bournemouth to Braintree and if I'm honest I think he's a time waster and this is how he gets his kicks. Just a heads up for anyone thinking of selling.

Anyhow - I may be back in 5 years time when nipper starts school - let's see what SEAT has to offer in 2011.

Cheers

Oscar

I'm sure it won't be enough but tis all I have!

Will get the basic kit for bub plus a couple of extra months off on maternity and then will be straight back to work with hubbie at home as house husband. That'll teach me for being an independent, educated woman! I blame the 60's feminists! I'd more than happily have the year off and live off him indoors but somehow I got to be breadwinner.:cry:

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Oscar said:
I'm sure it won't be enough but tis all I have!

Will get the basic kit for bub plus a couple of extra months off on maternity and then will be straight back to work with hubbie at home as house husband. That'll teach me for being an independent, educated woman! I blame the 60's feminists! I'd more than happily have the year off and live off him indoors but somehow I got to be breadwinner.:cry:

Lol I hear ya, having it all is a pain in the ass at times....

Shame your letting the car go, but I am sure there will be others.

Good luck with the bub. :kiss: make sure you come back and say hi and show pics... even the guys here go all soft and gooey over babies....;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members