timing logs(020)

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
yes, i think your right gary.How much is the jabba intake manifold and large port head like bills as he has the same orientation as me.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Madmile said:
Not sure mate, get a engine rebuild but stick the td06 20g on. Dont bother with lp head etc. I reckon a tdo6 will break into the 400's on that spec.

so after you then Gary yea?

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
yep i reckon one of the turbos will give me 400+ as james has proved it but i don't want to lose all driveability,if you are having td06-20g it will be very interesting to see the results aswell as the gt30.

anyway bill how much for large port and intake manifold?

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
ibizacupra said:
so after you then Gary yea?

Nah or should i say bahh, i am but a sheep. A poor money tree less sheep at that.:cry:

If its fooked i might have to though.

Remeber though mike t said td06 20g was only good for 390bhp on stnd engine. Turbo would do more but engine might not...ka...boooommmm.;) :D

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
i'm sure the 440 was without nitrous, so whats the plan with yours steve,nitrous on yet?

caney

Apr 24, 2005
ryan_s3 said:
i'm sure the 440 was without nitrous, so whats the plan with yours steve,nitrous on yet?
if my god damn cold eventually clears up i'm planning a few runs at the pod on sunday. i'm itching to see the difference that the ihi does over nos! i'm sure terminals will be higher as i can hold it longer in each gear now:p 2 runs just ihi then 2 runs with nos:)

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
May see you there then mate,depends on the weather of course.
Nitrous aswell!!should be fun.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
quick question guys,would the engine have to be removed for rods and valves,i assume as no machining is needed(ie no pistons) it could stay in?

caney

Apr 24, 2005
ryan_s3 said:
quick question guys,would the engine have to be removed for rods and valves,i assume as no machining is needed(ie no pistons) it could stay in?
nope,drop sump and remove cylinder head:)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
ryan_s3 said:
anyway bill how much for large port and intake manifold?

Price is ~£550 from memory. Benefit of power unproven to me as yet. nothign to benchmark it against. I needed a largeport passebnger side throttle bodied mani, so fab'd was req'd and this seemed like a good idea. Whether or not it has anypower gains is unproven as no back to back tests with single plenum have been doen to quantify. I would hope equal cylinder filling and no less power than a single plenum, but thats just guesswork on my part at the mo. I do intend trying single plenum largeport mani at some point but not until I get time to do so.

caney

Apr 24, 2005
vern said:
how's the MRC map going mate, heard good things about them...
so far so good,ihi turbo has completely transformed the car. i'm looking at stickier tyres at the moment as you can hear the f1's fighting for grip!

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
Car feels like a absolute beast at the moment,did some more logging.much better 2-3's on average with the occasional 5 or 6 on cylinders 1/4,agressive timing but ok.
Runnin millers octane + and 30% methanol in water injection much smoother.
what boost are you running now steve?

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Just a quick update it looks like my car will be repaired for next weekend. I am having the n249 valve bypassed and tdi map sensor fitted ( i think its a tdi map sensor). I always forget what i get told, but i think its the either the n249 or the wg actuator. I think the bigger map sensor is so that it can be mapped harder as there happy to run the stnd engines harder now.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.