TIP On 225 LCR

tel19

Jul 20, 2009
ramsgate
Hi All,
Today i fitted a THS tip, the car was remapped by amd last week and whislt there they fitted a forge valve, anyway i fitted the tip which was a doddle, but now the car does not feel as quick or the turbo don't feel so strong, there's no leaks etc!!! Is this what normally happens, or will the map adapt to the tip being fitted????

Terry.....:(

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
As the guy's ahve said above, check all you pipe's and if it's still not right give AmD a bell, they will be able to run log's to see if there is a problem.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
when you open the air flow up you do loose some low end torque, it may be this your feeling, you will gain bhp though, how do you know you dont have a leak??

tel19

Jul 20, 2009
ramsgate
I think you could be right i took the car out yesterday, it doesn't seem to kick as strong as before but the speedo shot up at a fair rate, i'll see how i get on with it and maybe take it back to amd on the seat cupra day in september:lol:

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Losing low end torque (but making gains at the top end) is usually something that you get with a free-flowing exhaust (and the reduced back pressure) isn't it? Would a better intake also cause this?

When I uprated the TIP I thought there was no difference, but now I think you get slightly more turbo spool-up sound.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.