TOCA introduce new technical regulations for BTCC

According to Alan Gow, cheaper...much cheaper, especially with the "customer" engine option

Yes - there are a lot of savings but general consensus for bill payers is that it's going to cost. Not many current BTCC operations are set up to play this game. May well see engineering outfits entering and BTCC lot going to sports cars.

Let's wait and see - all sounds pretty exciting either way.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Yes - there are a lot of savings but general consensus for bill payers is that it's going to cost. Not many current BTCC operations are set up to play this game. May well see engineering outfits entering and BTCC lot going to sports cars.

Let's wait and see - all sounds pretty exciting either way.

Whatever happens, I think it will ensure closer racing, will have to wait and see what the grid sizes will be.

Almost has a SuperTouring feel though.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Thinking about it - £100k isn't much money, when ~£25k is per engine & you will have to buy parts from TOCA (gearbox etc)

I think that once you buy the components, you won't have much left for the 'car' so corners will need to be cut, especially in build time.

FSiLeonMike

Apr 26, 2007
Cars could potentially look good though

My chopping skills are, to say the least, poor.

I've replaced the BMW's with Audi's. to keep the team running German machinery that were running German machinery, all the others get saloons from the marques they currently use.

NGTC.jpg

Leonidas

Great stuff. About CZR though, will there only be petrol allowed or will there be E85 aswel. If there's only petrol then theres not gonna be a Carbon zero is there??? :shrug:

FSiLeonMike

Apr 26, 2007
Great stuff. About CZR though, will there only be petrol allowed or will there be E85 aswel. If there's only petrol then theres not gonna be a Carbon zero is there??? :shrug:

Dunno, technically the E85 engines are Petrol Engines, just mapped for Bio Fuel. I would say that there may be a loop hole. And surely for TOCA to look politically and environmentally correct, they should allow these.

FSiLeonMike

Apr 26, 2007

I'm a member of the BTCC.net forum, and this is a quote from Alan Gow himself, (original is here, http://btcc.net/forum/showthread.php?p=156130#post156130 )

"We have allowed cars running on biofuel to compete in our championship since 2005 - we were one of the first touring car championships in the world to do so - and I see no reason for us to change from that policy."

Guess that means that Cartridge World can still run as Carbon Zero, should they wish too.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.