todays logs and im not happy with it

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
it should clear itself with ignition recycle. If not clear with vagcom or unplug batt for 30mins.

That suggests MAF is not at fault. Can you get a log of actual vs. requested boost? See if the map is actually requesting high figures or not!

Pyro

it should clear itself with ignition recycle. If not clear with vagcom or unplug batt for 30mins.

That suggests MAF is not at fault. Can you get a log of actual vs. requested boost? See if the map is actually requesting high figures or not!

i think i got one at start of thread mate i thought if it felt no different then it wasnt workig? turned the car off and back on was stil there gunnahook up to vag com asap and run a mates MAF see what happens

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Looking at your log, your actual is meeting your requested very well. But your requested tops out around 2000mbar which when you subtract the atmospheric pressure is 1020mbar roughly; so you are only requesting just over 1 bar of boost. I would say the map needs investigating.

Pyro

revo kev said the same sort of thin bout looking at the mp see if the ecu has played a part you thin k they might look at it for free?

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
revo kev said the same sort of thin bout looking at the mp see if the ecu has played a part you thin k they might look at it for free?

they might be able to plug you in and tell you what map is on there for free.. you might just need to turn boost up using an SPS

Pyro

upadte: on the way home today droped the lads off an thought id have a little fun and car was so responsive felt a fair bit faster through 2nd and 3rd but was still boosting at 18-19 psi ??????? and holding around 15???? this is very confusing boost is the same but car feels faster and was just picking up quicker

also noticed that in 6th it peeks at almost 20 psi it's about 19 & 3/4 lol and hold abot 17???? it seems the highter the gear the higher the boost ?

any thoughts on these

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
upadte: on the way home today droped the lads off an thought id have a little fun and car was so responsive felt a fair bit faster through 2nd and 3rd but was still boosting at 18-19 psi ??????? and holding around 15???? this is very confusing boost is the same but car feels faster and was just picking up quicker

also noticed that in 6th it peeks at almost 20 psi it's about 19 & 3/4 lol and hold abot 17???? it seems the highter the gear the higher the boost ?

any thoughts on these

Higher gear = more load = higher requested boost.

More than just boost can effect responsiveness. What do your CFs look like when logging? Are you getting alot of timing pull?

Pyro

Higher gear = more load = higher requested boost.

More than just boost can effect responsiveness. What do your CFs look like when logging? Are you getting alot of timing pull?

ahh i see explains that one lol

i'll be honest mte i have no clue what CFs are or what timing pull is? sorry :(

this ois what revo kez has said but after a £600 map im not gunna be paying for it ;)
In that case we would advise you take it in somewhere to be given a health check and a full software setup to make sure everythings working as it should be. Make sure it has an adaptation reset too!

The software doesn't go off, the ECU can and will pull load out if it sees something it doesn't like though!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

any thoughts on these

yes

normal

more load more boost request-simples

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
CFs are correction factors. The is the correction the ECU applies to the requested timing to avoid knock/pre detonation. In short, if your timing is advanced a lot using a revo sps switch, the ECU might be pulling back the timing to avoid pre-det, which would make the car feel hesitant.

Your best bet in my opinion, is to borrow an SPS3 switch off someone, reset the boost and timing settings and see how she feels after.

Pyro

CFs are correction factors. The is the correction the ECU applies to the requested timing to avoid knock/pre detonation. In short, if your timing is advanced a lot using a revo sps switch, the ECU might be pulling back the timing to avoid pre-det, which would make the car feel hesitant.

Your best bet in my opinion, is to borrow an SPS3 switch off someone, reset the boost and timing settings and see how she feels after.

ok mate just gotta find someone near me with that then cheers

Pyro

Spoke to company who mapped again today and gunna get the breather system sorted and a couple of other bit then they gunna give ot a health check gunna cost me bout 45 squids witch I'm not really happy with but ent gunna get much betta :( can some one get a vid of there boost gauge for me so I can see how it should drop of please?

Cheers for all your help guys keep any mor suggestion coming as I'm willing to try anything I can :)

Pyro

Spoke to company who mapped again today and gunna get the breather system sorted and a couple of other bit then they gunna give ot a health check gunna cost me bout 45 squids witch I'm not really happy with but ent gunna get much betta :( can some one get a vid of there boost gauge for me so I can see how it should drop of please?

Cheers for all your help guys keep any mor suggestion coming as I'm willing to try anything I can :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.