Toledo timing belt/Chain ?????

turnip90

I have a petrol Seat toledo 1.8 20V (NON TURBO). Can anyone let me know if it has a timing belt or a timing chain??? would apreciate the help so i dont look like a muppet when i take it to a garage. cheers

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
There is a toothed belt from the crankshaft that drives the water pump and the exhaust camshaft.

The inlet camshaft is driven from the exhaust camshaft by a chain.

tolly_tdi

diesel power
Dec 13, 2008
York
mutley read in some other post that you recommend a place near canterbury to get your belt changed, could u tell me their details as mine will need doing soon and trying to get a good price....I live in tonbridge but used to live canterbury so know the area well.

regards, matt

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
I have used The Motorist Center in Hersden on the A28 (the Sturry Road) between Canterbury and Ramsgate for many years, and bought my present Toledo from them. Formerly a Seat main dealer, they are now an independent (by their own choice) and I have always had first class service from them.

tolly_tdi

diesel power
Dec 13, 2008
York
yeah I know hersden on the way to planet thanet :funk: my last few services were done through there before bought the car so its always good to get a second opinion...I will give them a call and get a quote.

cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.