toledos boot soaken...

nandocas

hi there,while tyding up in weekend i found my boot soaken wet.looks like i have a big leak sumwere in boot area,has someone came across this problem before.please help.many thanks in advance.nando.

nandocas

hi again,ive been striping the boot altogether,so far havent been able to find where the water is coming in,it does look like coming from the side of the driver as the carpet on the other side is dry.i would post some pictures but im not allowed yet.im thinking if the water couldnt be coming from somewere in back lights or i even remenbered that my back windscreen got replace not long ago so maybe they havent done the job rite maybe...please someone...some hints please..

nandocas

Hi again,i can now upload pictures but how do i do it???can someone help please?thanks.

nandocas

Hi again,thanks for the repply.ill do as you told me with photobucket.About the windsceen theory i havent got the contact of the company who done it to be honest,but ive had some condensation to the top of the back window as well causing some damage as ill try and get pictured too.hope it just helps and someone picks something up with pictures.thanks for help mate.

nandocas

Hope this works.please let me know..
P037.jpg

P038.jpg

P036.jpg

P035.jpg

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Fuel filler is on that side of the boot, is there any chance it's coming in there?

The black grill is where cabin air gets sucked out of the car, the outside bit is behind the rear bumper. I suppose it's possible that there is a leak there, but something would have to be broken.

Rear window leaks should show up on the parcel shelf.

nandocas

Hi Muttley,thanks for the hint.ive checked that now and the parcel shelf looks dry and bottom of the back windscreen is ok and no condensation,now the top of the windscreen looks well condensated as ill try and show in picture as it shows the damage of this condensation in the linen of the car.thanks.
P053.jpg

P052.jpg

P051.jpg

P050.jpg

nandocas

Will a professional company like Autoglass check if theres a problem with the windscreen or is there anything else to beware.it was quite alot of water in the boot carpet and sidecarpet ,my tools were starting to rust has i never noticed this before,i heard here that the back rubber might be gone?has anyone had to change theirs?thanks.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
I think the condensation on the back window is from the wet carpets in the boot.

For checking the back window installation, take it back to the dealer to get it checked by whoever did the work.

The water in your earlier pictures looks muddy. You might want to check inside the wheel well to see if the liner is cracked or broken. Water gets sprayed onto the wheel well quite forcibly, and just might be finding a way through.

I don't think the boot lid could let in water, the lip around it is too deep. Unless something has punched a hole in the bottom of the gulley surrounding the lip?

nandocas

Yeah,im thinkin defenetly have the windscreen checked.the funny thing is that substance you describe as dirty water actually feels like grease(wax)?the rubber looks in good shape, what im not shore is the back lights too.ill spend some more time around it and in meantime contact local windscreen company and see if they can help.thanks 4the help guys,ill keep us posted how it goes...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.