TomTomTom's Black Stage 2 K03s Ibiza Cupra Build Thread

TomTomTom

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra 230bhp :D
Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
No not yet really wish and hope I can get them refurbed or replaced somehow, photos don't do them justice but I'm person I think they really suit the car and are unique

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Update. ALOT HAS HAPPENED!

I did eventually get the wheels refurbed, got the bumper etc on had it look immaculate and running better than ever, after a few weeks I noticed some smoke on idle on occasion but did not think to much of it as it was only occasional and looked like overfueling.

ae2d432b-e7e4-4fa4-a4d0-9139b5fc1f2f.jpg

b624d4d7-7727-4679-b5f4-9341170bb2e8.jpg

I then had a incident with water and a tree :censored::(

IMG_0060.jpg

1 week later time to buy a new cupra (already missing it), picked it up and drove a 2 hour journey home to with no problems.
IMG_0090.jpg

1st weekend = entire front end swapped to the new cupra, Subframe, suspension, brakes, engine etc.
IMG_0104.jpg

2nd weekend = entire rear end swapped over.
a0a1ae3c-3977-4c32-9cba-9ae529ed4de8.jpg

3rd weekend = Whole car went off to the body shop for a full respray, arches rolled all round and front bumper widemouthed.
IMG_0307.jpg

Stayed there for about 5 weeks.

Got the car back fitted all new rear copper brake pipes and hoses, swapped the entire sound system over, re-fitted the interior.

At this point im soo happy to have my car back and better than ever :D
IMG_0352.jpg

Then I begin to notice the drive shafts and window regulators falling a part, NO PROBLEM swapped from the other car! FIXED :D

Then I get a new tip fitted to my 3" system and refit it only to find Its now pouring out clouds of smoke on idle :S first thoughts were over-fuelling but no theres oil in it :( (Oh and the clutch is slipping on boost)

d0838de9-0a54-4857-bc05-27fd1439afbc.png

Did a quick test removing the oil feed from the turbo and holding it still whilst running (appeared to stop the blue smoke)
IMG_0431.jpg

Ordered a 7KG flywheel and VR6 clutch and a second hand KO3S turbo!

FItted the turbo and now still smoking :(

Is it engine rebuild time? :S

Last edited:

TomTomTom

Nov 5, 2011
East sussex
Soo many ups and downs but I never seem to be able to give up on it aha.

I started this thread mate http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=406398
So pretty sure that number #3 has failed on piston rings, going to put the other engine back in as iv done a compression test on that and all is good even tho I have no idea of mileage, then I can fit my 7Kg flywheel and vr6 clutch and ko3s turbo to that, do an engine flush and fit a new cambelt whilst it's out then when my engines out ill re-build it eventually and maybe forge it.

Compression test makes it defo seem like piston rings and can't really check valve stem seals without taking the head of anyway

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise